1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Empowering Women to live Fearlessly - Part I

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by coolbird, Oct 29, 2009.

1. coolbird

coolbird New IL'ite

Fear, lack of self-confidence, others expectations from us or a long list of excuses stop us from doing - being - or - having what we really want? These are very common women’s issues that hold many women back from having the life they want.

As women we lose ourselves in our work, chores, fulfilling needs of children, spouse, in-laws and our list goes on…… When was the last time you sat in total silence and did nothing but allowed your mind to wander where it would? You may have sat and thought with a purpose about how to solve a specific issue at work, or maybe you sat with your Ipod on and relaxed. But when did you just do nothing at all and let your mind guide your thoughts to just “wherever”?

We tend to be busy people. We have a lot on the “to do” list, on any given day. That being said, carving time for silent time or personal reflection can be hard ‘to do’. What if it didn’t require 30 minutes or an hour? What if just 10 minutes a day could change your life? Hard to believe? Well I can assure you that this is possible!

Life is too short to let it slip away. Waiting for that "Someday" is not a goal, it is a fantasy that will never materialize.

The key to making the most of your ten minutes is to be silent and not think at all. This can be easier said than done, so it may take some practice. This is okay and very normal. You might want to set your watch or a kitchen timer to alert you to the end of your ten minutes. Relax and let your mind go where it will. Truly pay attention to your thoughts, your mental questions, and your mental answers as well. If you do this daily for 2 weeks, I believe you will begin to experience more clarity, confidence, and less anxiety.

I would like to invite you to take what this Ten Minute Challenge! Ten silent and unstructured minutes per day for 2 weeks. If you accept this challenge, I invite you to comment back on how it helped you or affected your life.

2. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

Looks like a nice idea! lemme try n let u know when i login next time :)

3. krithi_swami

krithi_swami New IL'ite

Nice one..
    I will try it out

4. Angel

Angel New IL'ite

me too definately goin to try this out

5. apavanireddy

apavanireddy Senior IL'ite

good idea
    defenetly i will try
    i will give u the feed back.

6. coolbird

coolbird New IL'ite

Thank You all u dear ones. Will definitely want to know how it goes

7. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Nice one...I am sure this will help eventually for all of us.

8. coolbird

coolbird New IL'ite

Hi All

I was wondering if you have tried this challenge and if possible you could send me your feedback. I will truly appreciate.

cheers

Sil