1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Emperor Asoka and Team India!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rajmi
    Do you know why we keep our fingers crossed when we are tensed up? It is to avoid munching those hapless finger nails! Eating them while keeping the fingers crossed is a difficult task!
    Sri

2. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Ha Ha Ha, I dont bite my fingers for that case not even my nails. But of late watching a one day match where India plays has become a nail biting one only which is why I hate watching them or at least if I watch them I keep my fingers crossed

3. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

hello everybody,

hey all:thankyou2: , i am enjoying a live commentary from you all Asokas. keep going.

regards,

Vanaja

4. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Another wicket down. My my what a catch by Dhoni. Come on India.

5. Cheeniya

The players troop off and India won't mind this at all. They're well ahead as far as the Duckworth-Lewis charts are concerned. Remember this game was already shortened once with England needing to score 311 from 45 overs
    _Courtesy cricinfo

6. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri Sir,
    Sorry for making this thread more of a Cricket commentry one. Cant help it. The TV is running at full blast except for a quick glance at NDTV as I insited upon watching the telecast on Sholay there.

OMG rain again.

7. Cheeniya

Take your space Rajmi . It's all yours! But dont worry about the rain. With Duckworth and Lewis supporting us, we have already won the match if play doesnt resume !
    Sri

8. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Very interesting topic and even more interesting replies.so nice to read. as i dont watch cricket i cannot comment on it. But we can relate to the uspoen going on now. Most of the top players who have lost so far have not taken it well atleast on t.v. example being sharapova and more than her , her father who got up and left before the last set was over. It looks like for competitive players philosophy is farther from thier minds and winning is everything. waiting to read all the wonderful replies.
    regards
    anandchitra:smile:

9. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear sri,
    I loved this last sentence in your post.
    After all, in our long march through life, we win some and lose some. Both are just relative
    Very often, defeat depresses us. But that is the time when we must think “let the positive forces in my life take over”.
    That is where, I think, Emperor Ashoka succeeded & Hiler lost. It is up to us, to convert the loss into a lesson taught to us by the Universe for our own betterment. When negative things filled Ashoka with terror, he invented positive things that filled his life with purpose.
    When we lose our direction, we must look inside to find it again. It will always be in the same place ! We cannot forever think, we don’t have to solve all our problems. But we just have to begin, a little bravely.
    The mistake we make could just be the new beginning we have been looking for.
    Let us accept “ My biggest successes evolve through my failures”.
    Taking failure with a philosophical shrug as you have suggested or mentioned only shows that we have a healthy respect for our humanness !
    Am I sounding different in this post ?
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. Cheeniya

Dear Anandchitra
    Have you observed that only those who are accustomed to consistent success react violently to an occasional failure? Take Roger Federer for example. How peevish he gets when he faces a certain defeat! There have been exceptions like Borg who remained impassive irrespective of the outcome and we were impressed by their impassiveness. Similarly people who are known to be a regular failure when they face a little success make a great show of it!
    People who remain unaffected by success or failure endear themselves to others very easily but this great truth is not understood by a majority of us. It is sad that the spirit of live and let live is slowly dying in this competitive world. We have started keeping our houses clean by dumping all our trash in our neighbour's compound!
    Sri