1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Emotionally Unavailable Husband

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by coffeecups, May 28, 2018.

1. silentlistener

silentlistener Silver IL'ite

That was the case with many previous generation wifves, including my mother. As long as my knowledge goes, I have never seen any amount of emotional intimacy between my mother and my father.

For emotional intimacy my mother has always been dependent on neighbourhood women. We lived in a compound. By the end of the day my wife my mother used to sit along with neighborhood wives of her age and used to share everything at length

Their emotional intimacy used to be very intense , very long standing and so powerful that she was never expecting any emotional intimacy from my father.

@SGBV there is a lesson to be learnt from people like you and my mother

Where it is written strongly on stone that emotional intimacy for a wife should always be from her husband only and not anybody else ? If he wife is finding emotional intimacy fulfilling from her mother or from any of her neighborhood same-sex friends, it is absolutely a Win-Win situation. The husband is happy because his wife is not pursuing him, not nagging him from behind seeking emotional intimacy & the wife is also happy.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018