1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Emotionally independent......what is it actually???

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by meena2, Feb 23, 2010.

1. vasudhas

vasudhas New IL'ite

Ying yang, ur list is awesome.... I really like it and will try2 implement it in my life:)

2. kavithavel

kavithavel Senior IL'ite

Wow Shilpa, nice explaination...loved it.

Love,
    Kavitha.

3. Stephane

Stephane Senior IL'ite

Hi all,
    I am seeing this thread at the right time. Me and my DH had a big fight today... After seeing this thread, I am thinking that I am emotially dep on my DH.

I am expecting all the point which ShilpMa listed. That is the root cause of our fight.......
    But ladies tell me. If We are not dependent on our spouses, what is the real meaning of married life? I am confused.
    I am so upset today and I am not able to sleep but he is sleeping nicely.:bonk

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  4. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

It's ok to be emotionally dependent on your spouse. If not, what is marriage for?

Sometimes if one spouse feels ignored by another, it leads to fights, but that does not mean being emotionally dependent is bad. If it is a small issue, then just sleep over it, things might look better in the day of light and after a good night's sleep. Although if it is a big issue, it is not a good idea to go to bed angry, but sometimes it is better to take a break, sleep and talk later, instead of fighting all night long (lack of sleep will only increase frustration).

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010