Emirates ID Card - Deadline 31st Dec compulsary for all UAE residents - Do you aware?

Discussion in 'Indians in UAE' started by Rajeshv, Nov 11, 2008.

1. kuki44

kuki44 New IL'ite

Re: Emirates ID Card - Deadline 31st Dec compulsary for all UAE residents - Do you aw

Hi Rajesh ,
    I managed to fill in the forms for EID, kindly clarify on barcodes, i'm getting 6 blocks with 7 vertical lines in each block. Is that ok??? cos i was reading in some post that when u take print out in A4 size all bar codes are not printing properly & if barcode is not correct then they reject ur application.

kindly clarify on this.

thanks,
    Kuki

2. Rajeshv

Rajeshv Bronze IL'ite

Re: Emirates ID Card - Deadline 31st Dec compulsary for all UAE residents - Do you aw

Kuki, fill the online application form thru my given link in first thread. infact day time its very difficult to get the page download, do it at after 9 Pm. once you successfully filled the application form, you can able to print the barcode page.

then u need 1.preregistration form(PDF attachement in first thread), your 2.original passport, 3.visa/work permit; to submit along with printed barcode page in any of the EIDA centre over the UAE.

Hope the details are enough..

3. marina20

marina20 Bronze IL'ite

<TABLE id=article_edit cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TD class=Heading>GULF NEWS

Reprieve does not mean ID card deadline extended

By Binsal Abdul Kader, Staff Reporter
    Published: November 18, 2008, 23:40

<TD class=ArticleBody>
    <!--maxlength:2847-->Abu Dhabi: About half a million expatriate professionals who have been racing to get identity cards before the December 31 deadline won't be fined until 2011, Gulf News has learnt.
    on Tuesday, Emirates Identity Authority issued a reprieve, saying fines won't be imposed on professional expatriates who fail to get the ID card before the end of December.

"Although we don't extend the deadline for them, we will be ready to continue their registration even after the deadline but at the cost of certain inconveniences," said Darwish Ahmad Al Zarouni, Director General of Emirates Identity Authority (EIDA). "But for UAE nationals, no services shall be provided without the ID from January 1, 2009 as per law," he said. <HR>
    <!-- BEGIN ADVERTPRO CODE BLOCK --><SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript><!--document.write('<SCR'+'IPT src="http://gulfnews.advertserve.com/servlet/view/banner/javascript/zone?zid=22&pid=0&random='+Math.floor(89999999*Math.random()+10000000)+'&millis='+new Date().getTime()+'" language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"></SCR'+'IPT>');//--></SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="http://gulfnews.advertserve.com/servlet/view/banner/javascript/zone?zid=22&pid=0&random=52494730&millis=1227101680937" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><!-- NOT VISIBLE CONTENT --><NOSCRIPT></NOSCRIPT><!-- END ADVERTPRO CODE BLOCK -->
    <HR>

The reprieve isn't an extension of the deadline because EIDA will open the registration for another category of expatriates from January 1, 2009 as is the current plan, he said.
    "So they (non-registered expatriate professionals) have to bear the inconvenience of long queues of applicants of another category also," Al Zarouni said.
    They may still face difficulties if an identity card is demanded for any official transaction after January 1.
    The official made it clear that no fines will be imposed on non-registered expatriates until 2011.
    Thamer Rashid Al Qasimi, Planning Director and Project Management Director at EIDA said that although no punitive measures like fines or freezing of bank accounts will be imposed on non-registered expatriate professionals, EIDA cannot help if any government, semi-government or private organisation demands identity cards for official transactions after December 31.
    "EIDA does not have authority to impose punitive measures, it is up to them [the organisations] whether to insist on ID for official transactions by expatriate professionals after December 31," he said.
    He said a new pre-application registration software is available on the website of EIDA (åíÆÉ ÇáÇãÇÑÇÊ ááåæíÉ - ÇáÕÝÍÉ ÇáÑÆíÓíÉ) and a number of other organisations and it will ease the process.

"The complaints regarding non-availability of online application will end from now," he said. The free pre-application software is a big hit among desperate expatriate professional applicants as more than 30,000 people downloaded it within four hours of its introduction, a senior official told Gulf News on Tuesday.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  4. aneesbasha

aneesbasha Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

Did anyone got their Emirates ID card?

-Anees

5. kavitha nair 1

kavitha nair 1 New IL'ite

Hi Rajesh;

Do clarify on whether the expense for the Emirates Card be paid by the employers?

Thanks,
    Kavitha

6. Rajeshv

Rajeshv Bronze IL'ite

Kavitha,

Just try to claim the fee amount from your company, but EIDA not clear in this issue. It’s not EIDA responsibility to decide who is liable for this fee. Some companies paid for their employees, some paid 50% some 100%, and some did not pay any. So no mandate forces the Employer to pay the fees for his employees but he/she is responsible by LAW to make sure they have registered. .

As of my view getting this card is a big issue before deadline, not 100 - 200 AED. There are more chance to extending deadline coz of inadequate Eida System/handling, huge resident still to apply to get card

7. munir1981

munir1981 New IL'ite

Thanks all for ur kind informations abt EDIA. I want to know something more:
    1. Online registry is closed by authority or its being jammed?
    2. Can we buy application for all our employees together at a time, fill & submit?
    3. If some one lost his Residence ID card,its necessary the Passport & RIC both to get EDIA?
    4. I made my EDIA card but its going to Exp on 20/01/2011 and my visa is finish on that same day. So I will have renew my EDIA 1st before going to renew my residency visa or what?

Warm Regds

Munir
    Sharjah, UAE

8. munir1981

munir1981 New IL'ite

I got it and going to exp. on 20/01/2010.

Munir
    Sharjah, UAE

9. kashly

kashly New IL'ite

I too got my ID card.

Kavitha