Emirates ID Card - Deadline 31st Dec compulsary for all UAE residents - Do you aware?

Discussion in 'Indians in UAE' started by Rajeshv, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Rajeshv

Rajeshv Bronze IL'ite

Hi UAE Friends,

Do you aware of Emirates Id card Compulsary for every expatriate.
    This is to inform you all that a deadline has been set to 31st Dec 2008 by the UAE Authorities for obtaining card.
    Company will not processing this application and will only be reimbursing the related fees

Please look at below details for Complete information.

ID for U.A.E Residents

Emirates Identity Authority issues identity cards to non-local (expatriate) residents after registering their data.

<!-- editlink end -->
    <!-- editlink start --><!--DienstlstgFragmt/main.jsp start-->Process description

<HR>Please follow the steps below, or order the authority's mobile service:
    1. Complete and print the online application form or proceed directly to step two.
    2. You can access the Appointment Reservation System to schedule an appointment with the authority.
    3. Visit your nearest Emirates Identity Authority service point with your registration form and supporting documents or make use of the typing service.
    4. Settle the registration fee.
    5. Complete the registration process at the designated counters (documents scan, and biometric data capture).
    6. The card shall be sent to you by registered express mail.
    <!--DienstlstgFragmt/main.jsp end--><!-- editlink end --><!-- editlink start --><!--DienstlstgFragmt/main.jsp start-->Required documents

<HR><TABLE>Required Document Special ConsiderationApplication Form OriginalValid passportOriginalValid visaOriginal
    <!--DienstlstgFragmt/main.jsp end--><!-- editlink end --><!-- editlink start --><!--DienstlstgFragmt/main.jsp start-->Fees

<HR><TABLE class=background-color--tablegrid>FeeValue (AED)Payable toResidents Registration100 per year of visa validityEmirates Identity AuthorityReplacement for lost or damaged card300Emirates Identity AuthorityTyping service per person (if wished)40Emirates Identity AuthorityCard delivery per person15Emirates Identity Authority
    <!--DienstlstgFragmt/main.jsp end--><!-- editlink end --><!-- editlink start --><!--DienstlstgFragmt/main.jsp start-->Special conditions

<HR>
    • Children under 15 are not obliged to have an ID card. In the event that parents wish to issue an ID card for a child below 15, the fees are AED 50.
    • Applicants must be prepared to have their fingerprints and (digital) photographs taken.
    • Pre-registration document must be printed using a laser printer.
    • Payment is only accepted in cash or credit card. Personal cheques are not accepted.
    <!--DienstlstgFragmt/main.jsp end--><!-- editlink end -->For further information please contact the relevant department.

Here with am attaching Application form, Just fill the information & submit with required documents mentioned above to below address.

<TABLE summary="Adress of ..."><TH class=bannerHead>Department: </TH>Emirates Identity Authority

<HR></HR><TABLE summary="Adress of ..."><TH class=bannerHead>Service Access: </TH><TABLE>Internet:www.emiratesid.ae/enPhone:
    Call Centre:

+971 2 404 6666
    600 52 3432

Customer Service:Abu Dhabi Service Centre
    Musafa Street
    Al Mushrif
    Al Ain Service Centre
    Sheikh Zayed Street
    Jaheli 16
    Western Region Service Centre
    TAM Centre
    Madinat Zayed

Additional Registration Services:Typing Service
    Card Delivery Service
    Mobile Registration
    Appointment Reservation System

<HR></HR><TABLE summary="Adress of ..."><TH class=bannerHead>Working Hours: </TH>Public service hours:
    Sunday – Thursday: 7:30 AM – 8:30 PM
    Phone inquiry hours:
    Sunday – Thursday: 7:30 AM – 2:30 PM

If you are fail to get National Id card before 31st Dec 08, you can't use your Medical Insurance card at any Hospital, you will no longer to perform legal, banking services..
    Here with am attaching Emirates Id card Application form for your ease.

Attached Files:

2. daffodil

daffodil Bronze IL'ite

Re: Emirates ID Card - Deadline 31st Dec compulsary for all UAE residents - Do you aw

Rajesh,

Thanks. I am sure it would benefit all.

3. fly2srini

fly2srini New IL'ite

Re: Emirates ID Card - Deadline 31st Dec compulsary for all UAE residents - Do you aw

Hi,

This is Srini from Sharjah. Thanks for the ID Card form and details. I have little doubt on usage of this form, since the EID Dept insist everyone to collect it from Post office by paying AED 40/-. The free option thru website is ruled out due to mad traffic in that website. Also appointment is full (except Ras al khaimah) till nov end and walk in only allowed from Dec 1st - 31st.

Regards
    Srini

4. Rajeshv

Rajeshv Bronze IL'ite

hi srini,

Application form we can use any appropriate. same time they try to collect money from all by all the way. this national id also one of the way to collect money. yeah its very difficult to wait in que & hectic one too. but we have to manage..

5. fly2srini

fly2srini New IL'ite

rajesh, who has to incurr charges? employee or employer? possible provide with some support link.. so that i can take it with my mgmt

srini

6. Rajeshv

Rajeshv Bronze IL'ite

Srini, its matter of 100 AED only, it will be reimbursed by company, Please check sites, but real problem is getting the card before the deadline. Even appoinments not work most of the cases. i believe complete mess with authorities handing Cards. Hope we can expect postponed dates of these Deadline.

go thru more information in below link.

http://www.emiratesid.ae/mainenglish.html

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  7. fly2srini

fly2srini New IL'ite

Rajesh..AED 100/- not a matter. But to arrive a policy, i've asked that. Checked with EID call center and they told it's the responsibility of 'employees' :) Anyhow thanks for the link. Hope they revise the deadline soon.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  8. aneesbasha

aneesbasha Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

I recently registered for Emirates ID. Its a hectic job & my whole day wasted in EIDA centre.

I filled my application through online website, it took me 2 days to fill the form, b'coz too much traffic to website and sometimes it hangs, not working... After filling the form, i took the print out. Print out comes with bar code (6 bar code on the left and 7 bar code on the right). Please take the print out in A4 sheet and bar codes should be clear enough to scan otherwise they are rejecting the application form.

Online appointments are fully booked for this month. So no other way, I have to stand in the queue. I went to EIDA centre in Rashidiya Centre @ 6.30am, there's separate queue for ladies & gents. Gents queue is little longer than ladies. Around 7.30am, EIDA they gave tickets (they are giving only 30-50 tickets only). My ticket # is 129 (starts from 101 for ladies and starts from 1 for gents). They are calling the ticket number one by one, out of 14 counter only 6 - 7 counters only they are accepting the application form.
    By the time they call my ticket # is around 1.30pm, then they scanned my application form, and paid the fee AED220 (200 + 20 delivery charge), since my visa is valid till next year only, so they charged 200Dhs. After this, next is taking picture, digital signature and finger print (taking print of all the fingers in both hand). Main problem is, fingerprint scanner is not working properly and make me wait for another 45 mins.

Actual process takes 15 mins only, but finger print scanner not working properly so I need to wait for 45 mins to complete the process.

They will send the Emirates ID by Empost within 2 weeks time and they also provided a PIN, so that we can use ID card as ATM card and withdraw the money from the bank from next year.

This is my experience in getting my Emirates ID. Hurry upppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Anees

9. mohd

mohd New IL'ite

Hi All,

Please i have few questions to clarify , anyone who has experienced this can you help me out.I would be much grateful.

Thanks for your inputs on your experiences. I have filled out the form through online and when i print , the print out comes in a single page with 11 Bar Codes and i m not getting the print out of the form which i have filled. Is the single page with the Bar Code is sufficient enough?

And i have filled the form Only in English Not in Arabic in to the relevant Text Boxes. Is it Mandatory to fill it up on Arabic also?

And in the Occupation detail i have mistakenly selected Dubai Financial Center instead of Dubai Media Freezone authority where i work . I tried to correct it , but i cant. Is this can be rectified there?

Thanks

mohamed

10. aneesbasha

aneesbasha Senior IL'ite

Hi Mohamed,
    Congrats for successfully filling up the application form. Feedback for your questions based on my experience
    1. Print out of the form will be bar codes only. In print out, you can see the form what you filled up.
    2. Only English is enough, no need to fill Arabic
    3. For Occupation, I choose "Computer Programmer" and finishing the form, while previewing the details, in Occupation details is shows "Dubai Financial Center". So I updated my occupation still it shows same occupation details. I think that's some problem in their application form itself. That's ok, no need to worry about it.
    Try to register as early as possible.

-Anees