1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Embroidery : Machine embroidery on Kurta

Discussion in 'Embroidery' started by Vidu29, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Vidu29

Vidu29 Gold IL'ite

hi,
    Sorry about the late reply. i was out of town so could not browse.
    Zig zag stitch is very useful in many ways like making outlines, or single lines as in stems etc. it also be used for satin filling. I am unable to explain through mails as to how to get started. I also had a lot of quiries and i kept expt-n with my machine.
    I read once somewhere that when Mr Singer wanted to invent sewing machine he was greatly confused as to how to create a needle that will go in & out of the fabric in a machine. one night he had a dream that some tribals were chasing him with spears in their hands. the unique thing was that all the spears had hole at the tip of them. that gave him the idea to create needles with "eyes" at the pointed end rather than the rear as in conventional needles.
    hence keep trying & you will suceed.
    my machine is portable in the sense it can easily be lifted as it is not attached to a stand, it is not too small tho'. it can be placed on any sturdy table. You can approach the usha showroom at mount road.
    happy embroidering.
    vidya

2. shruthishetty79

shruthishetty79 New IL'ite

Hi Everybody !

Does anybody make applique here. I run a boutique and would love to see some on my custom clothing.

Thanks

Attached Files:

3. shilpashenoym

shilpashenoym New IL'ite

Embroidery : Machine Embroidery Sewing Machine

hi there, i am looking for guidance for sewing maching embroidery. i like to stitch dresses (salwar suits/ kids dresses) and now am interested in embroidery. however i know i dont have patience to do it by hand nor the time. i have singer sewing machine (not the fancy desing make). Can anyone guide me how to proceed. i have the emb ring....thanks!

4. archu1981

archu1981 Silver IL'ite

re: Embroidery : Machine Embroidery Sewing Machine

hai shilpa
    can u tell me what is your sewing machine model.so tht i can help u?and read the manual carefully which is supplied by the machine thn u can doit i thnk.they will give all instructions there.try it madam.and post the model name also.
    all the best
    archu

5. aksh

aksh New IL'ite

without darning foot can we do machine embroidery. I have a singer machine with fashion stitches and without darning foot. I love to do embroidery. Can i?

6. archu1981

archu1981 Silver IL'ite

hi vidu madam
    your work is really great.i also have one machine with 16 stitches.wanna try.u gave the inspiration.thanx madam.
    archu

7. Vidu29

Vidu29 Gold IL'ite

Hi aksh & archu,
    Nice to see your posts. if you want to do free hand machine embroidery it can be done only without any foot. With the foot you cannot follow the design. If you just doing a straight line you may use any foot or preset designs available.
    vidya

8. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

hi vidya...

ur work is really nice...... thnx for posting...

9. shilpashenoym

shilpashenoym New IL'ite

wow, how did u do the tiger emb work? Pls that work in a miniature form so i can see the whole thing and get the idea! thanks!

10. himanadendla

himanadendla Silver IL'ite

Vidya

All your works are excellent. Very neat. Can you provide me more detials of the cut work you had done? was it done on a saree? I want ideas for doing cutwork table mats. Thanks in advance

Regards
    Hima