1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Embroidery : Machine embroidery on Kurta

Discussion in 'Embroidery' started by Vidu29, Mar 15, 2008.

1. vinu1973

vinu1973 New IL'ite

Hi,

I would like to know more about machoine embroidery. How much is the cost of your machine? can we use ordinary machine for basic machine embroidery stitches?

2. umasaras

umasaras Senior IL'ite

Dear Vidhu,
    nice work .
    uma

3. Vidu29

Vidu29 Gold IL'ite

hi all,
    THANKS to all of you for your appreciations. There seems to be a lot of queiries regarding machine embroidery.
    1. My machine cost me 10,000/- ten yrs ago. the model is wonder stitch. It is a motorised one with about 22 types of automatic stitches most of which can only be used for either single neckline decoration or for salwar bottom (practical use I mean)
    For the kind of embroidered "painting" that I do an ordinary motor attached machine is enough. zig zag is of great use.
    2. Regarding hooping problem.... yes I too face that. i am yet to try on poonam type of saree but I can work on a little thicker sarees especially those that don't stretch. Tusser & other silk is great to work with.
    :idea What I do is fold the saree into half and stitch it together. then it is easier to both hoop and also quickly complete two sections of design at a time. Also while hooping stretch the saree/cloth well on the hoop hold it tightlyand the tighten the hoop. This way you won't strect the saree after it is hooped. never pull the saree aftyer hooping.
    happy embroideringComputer TypingComputer Typing
    vidya

4. Vidu29

Vidu29 Gold IL'ite

hi all,
    THANKS to all of you for your appreciations. There seems to be a lot of queiries regarding machine embroidery.
    1. My machine cost me 10,000/- ten yrs ago. the model is wonder stitch. It is a motorised one with about 22 types of automatic stitches most of which can only be used for either single neckline decoration or for salwar bottom (practical use I mean)
    For the kind of embroidered "painting" that I do an ordinary motor attached machine is enough. zig zag is of great use.
    2. Regarding hooping problem.... yes I too face that. i am yet to try on poonam type of saree but I can work on a little thicker sarees especially those that don't stretch. Tusser & other silk is great to work with.
    :idea What I do is fold the saree into half and stitch it together. then it is easier to both hoop and also quickly complete two sections of design at a time. Also while hooping stretch the saree/cloth well on the hoop hold it tightlyand the tighten the hoop. This way you won't strect the saree after it is hooped. never pull the saree aftyer hooping.
    happy embroideringComputer TypingComputer Typing
    vidya

5. rajivenugopal

rajivenugopal Platinum IL'ite

hello vidya,

ur works r awesome.
    superb perfection.:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

i liked the machine embroidery more --------- xellent worksBow

love raji.

6. shivani123

shivani123 New IL'ite

How to set the ordinary machine to stitch basic embroidery stitches

7. Vidu29

Vidu29 Gold IL'ite

Hi shivani,
    To set ordinary machine for embroidery you will have to remove the "presser foot" near the needle and set the length of stitches to zero and cover the feed dog with cover. :idea
    vidya

8. pinkyjoseph

pinkyjoseph Junior IL'ite

Hi Vidya,

I read from the net that we have to use darning foot which comes along with the quilting kit to do embroidery in zig zag sewing machine. This kit also contains the cover which closes the feed dogs. What is the foot you used after removing the presser feet? Did u purchase any quilting kit for this purpose? Thanks in advance.

regards,
    Pinky

9. vijiputhucode

vijiputhucode Silver IL'ite

hi vidya
    ur embroidery designs are superb. even i have machine called usha janome with inbuilt design stiches in it. apart from stitching the inbuilt stitches i am not able to do embroidery stitches in it. u have mentioned that zig zag is of great help. can u pl tell me how u are zig zag stitches in embroidery. thanks in advance

10. gulzar

gulzar New IL'ite

hi vidya,
    nice work done , can you pls give me more details about ur wonder stitch machine
    where and how much. or is there a website for usha machines. Is the machine available in chennai and is it portable or very heavy. I would really appreciate if you could provide the details. Waiting for your fast reply
    thks and best regards
    gulzar