1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Embroidery : long&short, herring bone, stem, buttonhole, laisy daisy, and leaf works

Discussion in 'Embroidery' started by varudhini, Jan 22, 2007.

1. sunikris

sunikris Bronze IL'ite

Superb works

Dear varudhini,
    Ur all works looks superb
    It seems u have good patience in doing all these works.

Thanku for sharing with us.
    Regards
    Sunikris

2. varudhini

varudhini Bronze IL'ite

re: Embroidery : long&short, herring bone, stem, buttonhole, laisy daisy, and leaf sworks

Dear Sonia, PP, Varloo, Meenu, Priya, Sunitha

Thank you friends for your FBs.

Love
    Varudhini

3. varudhini

varudhini Bronze IL'ite

re: Embroidery : long&short, herring bone, stem, buttonhole, laisy daisy, and leaf sworks

Hi friends

Here is my daughter's full skirt and half saree along with blouse. Patch work was done for skirt and half saree as border as well as for blouse. On the patch work sequence work and mirror work was done.

Varudhini

Attached Files:

4. mohana

mohana Silver IL'ite

Hi Varudini,
    wonderful work,the color combination is so good.keep it up your good work.:2thumbsup:

5. gitu

gitu New IL'ite

Re: Hand Embroidery5

hi vardhini
    I am new to indusladies. But seeing your works on saree it was really great:2thumbsup: . I love to do embroideries. I have done a few. But now time does not permit us to continue. Plz do continue doing embroidery and do not forget to post that in indusladies. By the way have u got any idea of the magazine by name needle and thread?. I am not sure about the publishers whether it is from madura coats or from anchor.
    If any one could help me plz..

bye:wave

6. gitu

gitu New IL'ite

Re: Hand Embroidery5

hi vardhini
    I am new to indusladies. But seeing your works on saree it was really great:2thumbsup: . I love to do embroideries. I have done a few. But now time does not permit us to continue. Plz do continue doing embroidery and do not forget to post that in indusladies. By the way have u got any idea of the magazine by name needle and thread?. I am not sure about the publishers whether it is from madura coats or from anchor.
    If any one could help me plz..

bye:wave

7. tejudatla

tejudatla Bronze IL'ite

Dear varudhini,

Oh my god!!! I missed this thread n saw just now all ur amazing works on sarees n skirts. I had those work on some of my sarees n dresses. A frnd of my MIL do that on pattu sarees...I have no words to appreciate ur great work. U really very talented n u have done a superb job.

If u have any work on dresses also plz do post some more...

Thanq for sharing with all ILites....
    Tej:wave

8. prabhabala

prabhabala Gold IL'ite

Anchor needle 'N' Thread Magazine

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me the phone number of Anchor Needle 'N' Thread magazine Bangalore?
    I am from Hyderabad. I am very much interested in Hand embroidery ? does anybody want to share their designs with me?

prabha

9. varudhini

varudhini Bronze IL'ite

Hi Gitu and Prabha

Welcome to IL. Regarding Needle and Thread magazine, previously I am a subscriber to that magazine, but not now. I do not know their phone numbers or E-mail address. I have given the address in this thread earlier, pl. check.

Gitu, it is from Anchor people.

Prabha, I am also from Hyderabad. If you want any designs, I will give.

Love
    Varudhini

10. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Dear Varudhini,

after seeing the smocking work done on blouse, I'm planning to get that work done for my blouse tooo. the colour would be blue (copper sulphate blue).
    do you think the colour is okay.
    I'd seen such work during my college days and I've seen all in red and pink and dark pink. do you think it will look good on blue toooo????
    pls do let me know. I've used swarovski crystals all over the saree so I'm planning to use them on the blouse too ..

Love,