1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Embroidery : long&short, herring bone, stem, buttonhole, laisy daisy, and leaf works

Discussion in 'Embroidery' started by varudhini, Jan 22, 2007.

1. perfectly_perfect

perfectly_perfect Silver IL'ite

re: Embroidery : long&short, herring bone, stem, buttonhole, laisy daisy, and leaf sworks

Hi Varudhini,
    Your work is excellent. Even i have the same question. Pls do reply.
    regards

2. sunikris

sunikris Bronze IL'ite

Embroidery works

Dear Varudhini,
    Thanks for letting me know the Kanta work name in English
    Ur embroidery works are really Amazing. :clap
    U have a good art in ur hand.
    Keep sending these posts.

Reagrds
    Suneeta

3. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

re: Embroidery : long&short, herring bone, stem, buttonhole, laisy daisy, and leaf sworks

Dear Varudhini,
    I have been a silent observer so far and all your designs look gorgeous. I will stop by your place when I visit India, can you teach me some of your skills?Just love it.
    Love,

4. mohana

mohana Silver IL'ite

Dear Varudini,

All works are beautiful,please keep do post more.

5. Priya Amarnath

Priya Amarnath Bronze IL'ite

Dear Varudhini

Just now had a look at ur designs, I some how missed this thread , they look splendid. It shows how artistic and creative you are. I am sure it needs a lot of patience to do such fantastic works. Please do post more such designs at your convenience.

Regards
    Priya

6. varudhini

varudhini Bronze IL'ite

Dear Meena

Thank you for your FB. I usually buy plain sarees and after buying only I will decide on designs. Mostly I will create my own designs either by modifying some old designs or creating an entirely new design. Rarely only I will give outside for designs. Stitches also I will go for simple stitches and I will modify the basic stitches to get a new look.

I have been into embroidery since the past 15 years. During college days and all I am not at all interested and I do not know even the basic stitches also by the time I got married. After marriage only I developed interest and most of the stitches I learned on my own by seeing books. I will do works only for myself and for my daughter.

I did some bead work on sarees and my daughter’s dresses but not on evening dresses. If you want you can work them. I will post them soon. I have already posted one (see hand embroidery 6, lazy daisy and bead work).

With regards
    Varudhini

7. varudhini

varudhini Bronze IL'ite

Dear Prabha

Sorry for the late reply. As I am busy with my parents here I could not post you a reply.

The amount of time for embroidery depends on the design and the time spent by us. Usually for simple designs, it will take one week to one month and for borders and rich pallu, it will take one to four months, again depending on how much time we can spend on it. Previously I used to finish off very fast and I used to do it day and night, but now taking long time due to my work.

Regarding the saree you asked about I bought it in my place only.

Regarding the work for your saree, tatting flowers are okay, but do not go for black, instead go for green along with violet and blue. What type of tatting flowers u r using? small ones or big ones. If you want to use black do not go for too many colors.

If you can do bead work you can do it on garden saree as it is easy and u can finish it soon. Take any simple design and fill it with beads and chumkies.

Regards
    Varudhini

8. varudhini

varudhini Bronze IL'ite

Dear Varloo

Hope you got the answers for your questions. Embroidery is a passion for me.

Love
    Varudhini

9. varudhini

varudhini Bronze IL'ite

Dear PP

Thank you for your FB. Now-a-days I am a bit lazy in posting. Will post some today.

LoveVarudhini

10. varudhini

varudhini Bronze IL'ite

Dear Suni

Thank you for your FB. I am seeing all your posts and they are really excellent. Keep going.

పాటలు బాగా పాడతావా?

Love
    Varudhini