1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Embroidery : long&short, herring bone, stem, buttonhole, laisy daisy, and leaf works

Discussion in 'Embroidery' started by varudhini, Jan 22, 2007.

1. varudhini

varudhini Bronze IL'ite

re: Embroidery : long&short, herring bone, stem, buttonhole, laisy daisy, and leaf sworks

Dear Krishnamma

TQ for ur regular FBs.

Varudhini

2. varudhini

varudhini Bronze IL'ite

re: Embroidery : long&short, herring bone, stem, buttonhole, laisy daisy, and leaf sworks

Dear Mangala

Thank you very much for ur feed back.

Varudhini

3. varudhini

varudhini Bronze IL'ite

Dear Varloo

Thank you for ur words of appreciation. Actually most of my works are well beyond 10 years old. Now-a-days, I am doing a little due to my work and children studies. But, after seeing all our friends' encouragement and enthusiasm I feel to do more and more new designs. I will try my level best to try and post more works. Meanwhile, I will post all my works one by one. I have done a few machine embroidery ones also.

Thank u again for your sweet words of appreciation.

Varudhini

4. varudhini

varudhini Bronze IL'ite

Re: Hand Embroidery8

It is a chain stitch variation with satin and stem stitch and done all over saree as motifs.

Attached Files:

5. nithya prabha

nithya prabha Bronze IL'ite

Re: Hand Embroidery7

Dear Varudhini,
    The embroidery works are just splendid. My response is late ,but i had been to my native ,so just now logged in and saw.i want to know how u traced in silk saree and how long did u take for the embroidery ?.i take a very long time ,bcoz i want my work to be neat . Where did u get the silk saree and for how much?. Thanks.take care. Bye.
    Nithya.

6. varudhini

varudhini Bronze IL'ite

Dear Prabha

TQ for ur FB. I bought that silk saree from Nallis in Chennai long back in 2000. Actually I did not remember the exact cost, but I think it is about 1000 Rs. I got the design traced outside in a shop and they usually do it by zinc powder, so u can also trace the design like that. It is simple. The only thing is u have to pierce holes on the tracing paper.

Happy stitching.

Varudhini

7. varudhini

varudhini Bronze IL'ite

Re: Hand Embroidery9 The beauty of dharwad

It is dharwad work (the traditional work of Karnataka) done on khadi silk.

Varudhini

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  8. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Dear Varu,

fantastic work. how do you decide on your works - do you buy only plain or sarees with few designs to work on your own OR do you highlight already existing ones?? for how long you've been into embroidery??? is it for everyone??? how do you decide your designs???

have you done bead works - any particular work on a evening wear????
    pls do display if you have.

Love,

9. nithya prabha

nithya prabha Bronze IL'ite

Re: Hand Embroidery9 The beauty of dharwad

:2thumbsup:
    Dear Varudhini,
    Your works as i said earlier,are just awesome.SPEECHLESS. Normally embroidery takes time to complete ,but this especially will take alot if time and also tests our patience. So,u are a person to be appriciated. How long do u take ,to finish your embroideries?And was this also bought in Nalli,how much? I have a peach colour garden saree,could u suggest me a design and the colours?. I have decided light blue,violet or black tatting works.thanks.take care .bye.

Praba

10. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai Varudhini,
    I am dumb with admiration for your work and especially your patience. I have the same questions to ask as others, how, why when etc. Do tell us the secret.