1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Embroidery : long&short, herring bone, stem, buttonhole, laisy daisy, and leaf works

Discussion in 'Embroidery' started by varudhini, Jan 22, 2007.

1. vidyavenky

vidyavenky New IL'ite

re: Embroidery : long&short, herring bone, stem, buttonhole, laisy daisy, and leaf sworks

Hi,

I loved your work. The smocking work on the blouse was excellent. keep posting your work.

vidya.

2. chitraseshadri

chitraseshadri New IL'ite

re: Embroidery : long&short, herring bone, stem, buttonhole, laisy daisy, and leaf sworks

Hi
    i live in california and do a lot of cross stitch.i also know to do embroidery,but not started it here.after seeing the pictures i am thinking of doing it with rayon threads that is available .they are from DMC.:wave

3. sheshin

sheshin Gold IL'ite

Hi Varudhini,
    great work.I love embroidery and did couple of works when i was in India.I want to do some work now as i have plenty of time.If any body know where can i get plain saree and threads here in US please do provide information.
    Varudhini keep posting more designs.

4. bhuvanaprabhu

bhuvanaprabhu Silver IL'ite

Dear Varudhini

I have posted some of my works pls do guide the necessary corrections to be done....

I have got a plain saree in Dark Maroon colour... could u pls suggest the clours that can be used in the same...

Awaiting ur reply...

bhuvanaprabhu

Attached Files:

5. varudhini

varudhini Bronze IL'ite

Dear Bhuvana

Thank you for your writings about my works. Your work is nice and very attractive. mee telugu kooda baagumdi.

Regarding the colors for your saree it is best to select color of threads after you select the design. Anyway any light color looks good on Maroon color, esp light green and lemon yellow.

Love
    varudhini

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  6. bhuvanaprabhu

Varudhinigaru

Saalae Saalae thanks... Getting appreciation from people like u is very encouraging...

My mother tongue is telugu...we do speak in telugu at home (but we speak madras telugu)

Neenu design select chaeseskuni meeku photo pampeesthanu... Pls do give ur suggestion regarding color to be used....

Thanks in advance... Meeku any yahoo mail id untundhae?

Bye

Bhuvana

7. zara

zara New IL'ite

hi everyone
    I am new here. its a very good forum.:-D I was looking for this type of forum since ages.
    I like the embroidery its lovely work. all designs are beautiful and attractive.
    zara

8. bhuvanaprabhu

hi varudhinigaru

Pls view the work done by me in chudi....

Havent yet traced in saree... will post them once i complete the work....

Bye take care...

bhuvana

Attached Files:

9. varudhini

varudhini Bronze IL'ite

Dear Bhuvana

The work is very nice and attractive. It is better if you give the type of stitches you used so that others will also know.

Love
    Varudhini

10. vijiputhucode

vijiputhucode Silver IL'ite

all your embrodiery works are superb especially chidi work what sticitches have u done on it

1 person likes this.