1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Embroidery : Discussion on Mridula's School of Embroidery

Discussion in 'Embroidery' started by rpoornima, Sep 28, 2007.

1. prabhabala

prabhabala Gold IL'ite

hi poornima,

normally in mridulas the embroidery is done after stitching or first embroidery is done first & later stitching has to be done.

where do u stay in hyd?

prabha

2. visalamkrishnan

visalamkrishnan Silver IL'ite

Hi Poornima,
    thanks for the very informative thread.
    visalamkrishnan

3. art

art Senior IL'ite

Hi sunitha

Iam also a student of Mridula.Last week only i finished my advanced tailoring in salwar.Do you attend the classes now itself?

4. art

art Senior IL'ite

Yes they teach you.If you are well-versed in stitching you may directly go to advanced course in tailoring.Otherwise take the basic one.

For embroidery they charge rs.925 and for aari they charge rs.2500. One week aari course also taken by them at the rate of rs.500.Tailoring course consist of 6 classes.Each classes contains three hours.So totally 18 hours per week.They charge rs.500 for tailoring course too.

Threadgeek04 likes this.
  5. saheli3

saheli3 Gold IL'ite

Hi Art,

Nice to know that you learnt tailoring from Mridula's. When I joined for Kasuthi last year, they had stopped tailoring course, because the instructor then had resigned. They had not appointed a new one yet. So I joined the Usha school of sewing. I am now learning Blouses. How about you? Maybe we can meet sometime. Where do you stay?

6. art

art Senior IL'ite

Hi Sunitha

But now they appoint Chitra madam for tailoring.I finished my salwar advanced.Iam frm Velachery.Where do you stay?

7. lyra

lyra Silver IL'ite

Hi Art and Sahelli, I've learnt aari work 5 yrs back. But I want to learn other embroideries. Always want to gog to Mridulla's. Where is it located in Chennai?
    I'm really jealous of you both ma. Bcoz I cant spare time since I'm living alone with my 1.5 yr. old son. Do they charge 925/- to learn a single embroidery technique or a collection?
    I'm really gonna join and make it work somehow.

8. saheli3

saheli3 Gold IL'ite

Hi Lyra,

You can visit this website and get all the details. Embroidery School imparting Professional & comprehensive techniques : Kasuti embroidery,Kantha,Zardosi,Chikan,Aari,Spanish blackwork,Lagartara,Bargello,Kelim,Norweave
    You have the option of doing it through distance learning also. The charge is same for both distance learning or attending in person. When you do it by attending classes, it is for 10 classes per type of embroidery.

Threadgeek04 likes this.
  9. annapanicker

annapanicker Senior IL'ite

Hai...

Have any of u done these courses through distant education ???? do let me know how good your experience has been and is it possible to learn embroidery thru distant education....i would love to join if it is worth doing it thru distant education....i am from B'lore...

Regards
    Anna

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
    Threadgeek04 likes this.
  10. laxhmi

laxhmi New IL'ite

Hi Friends

I saw Poornima's post about learning emroidery from mridulas in chennai.Can any one tell me about the type of materials they send for distance mode learners?Do they send sufficient materials, fabric, thread, patterns etc. Please give me suggestions also.

laxhmi

Threadgeek04 likes this.