Eliminating post count for chit-chat threads

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by Jithiks, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Indus Team.
    Your final decision is most welcome.
    If a person loves to be in Indus she/he will not mind at all on the post counts.
    They would continue to post their works be it art/craft or in any other form and aim to "contribute" and not to "counts".

2. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

wooo...

Such a wise decision... In coming days, its really very hard to reach the milestones... :crazy

And yeah i lost my gold tag... where is laxmi??? sending the T-shirt back... :biglaugh

Hi mods,
    Tell me onething, are you finding difficult to manage IL???

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hi Marun, Do keep the T-shirt as an IL momento - we are generous enough to allow that.

Well,as a part of the 'mob, I answer here - we want to stress on QUALITY rather than on QUANTITY!
    ILites , some of them think, the more posts, the merrier!!
    We want the posts to be useful, whereas some members (only) want to get their post count to a sky rise!
    When social net working continues and you can keep in touch with friends, why so much ''hullaboo' (Tell me onething, are you finding difficult to manage IL???) about the post counts being eliminated??
    Right now, we are very happy and enjoying the way we are managing IL!!
    We are our best judges always, in any walk of life!
    Regards,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  4. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Dear Malathy & other iLites

The below msg was posted by me way back in April 2008 stating that I dont believe in sending messages for getting the counts. But at that time nobody bothered. So just to reach the required minimum of 50 posts to open attachments, I have to post some chit-chat kind of msgs which most of the iLs do here.

Thanks for implementing........., but please dont move all the Feed backs, info assist of giving some addresses / references etc. under "chit-chat".

rgds
    Shanti

3rd April 2008, 05:07 PM
    [​IMG]shantisubra [​IMG]
    Junior ILite
    City: Dubai
    State: Dubai
    Referrals: 2
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Re: Raghi recipes
    Dear Chithra Ma'am

Thanks for your mail. That was so so so quick. How come? I checked the new rules of the forum, that only when we reach 50 posts, that we can open the attachments [​IMG]. I feel this is too harsh to people like me. I didnt believe in simply writing mails clicking at "reply", saying " Oh,,,,,,,, that was very nice," well said", "hats off" etc. kind of meaningless messages just to increase the no. of posts. Any posts done, should carry a kind of message or information such as yours.

Anyway, now that I learned the trick/rule of the game Big
    Laugh, I will try to reach the minimum required milestone to be able to open the attachments.

Thanks n Warm Regards
    Shanti

Unquote

5. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

There is no need to send back the IL tee.
    You may have the IL t-shirt as an advance gift for the Gold ILite status that you may reach in future.

Thanks for your concern for us mods about us managing the IL.

6. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

Hi Chitvish,

I will keep the Tee with me... was just kidding. I understand your point here. Quality of post is very much important. I have also seen many members post just for the sake of counts. This has been my concern quiet a while back and you pals have done it.

I meant the paid PMs... Not the post counts. This is the first forum i am seeing which has PM feature under paid subscription. I never bothered about the post counts. I would be better if you could give PM feature for top contributors and active pals. Let me say preferred members. Just have a criteria and accordingly give preferred members tag to members. They get the PM feature. Having the PM under paid subscription will drop down the number of active members for sure.

If one would like to share some personal stuff to other mod, i wonder how he could do that. The only way of communication that is available now is reported posts. just reporting a post will make you see. Other than that we dont have any other options to share some personal concerns. :coffee

Hi Laxmi,

Advance gift huh!!! :crazy

7. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Can we please have a Baby Folder in the Parenting and kids section.

This is for chit chatting about Babies born in 2009, 2010 and so on.

You can name it as Babies - 2009, Babies - 2010 like the one we have for Due date clubs.