1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Elephant in My Backyard

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

An Elephant in My Backyard

I dont think of Blogs, Blogs think of me.Yesterday morning I was thinking as i was drinking Tea, that what blog shall i post today.The mind was all blank,I must have covered up all the possible topics to write on,and lo ! I was the picture in the Times of India,about the National Underwear Day,and i got my blog for the day.

After posting it,I was wondering about the blog for tommorrow, that is today,Friday,and after posting the Undie Blog,i hear a commotion at my Gate,and Tuffy barking away furiously.I go to my balcony (Office is on the First Floor and Residence Ground floor),and what do i see ? Around 10 Sadhus,and an Elephant come to Beg.and lo ! my blog for Friday was ready.So really blogs follow me,after all i am Kamalji the Great (joking).

I took out my old digital Sony Mavika a 10 yr old digital,which works on the floppy disk,and took these pics from the Balcony

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I dragged my younger brother down,and told him to click my pics with the Elephant.I gave the Sadhus 50 bucks for the half and hour that i made them wait,and to compensate them for the loss of their earning time.

Sio I had to shell out 50 precious bucks for this blog,so u guys must visit and comment and make my paisa Vasool [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Actually there are two elephants, one black ( The bigger one),and the small elephant(with the white shirt).

[​IMG]
    Feeding the bigger elephant with potatoes

[​IMG]
    The top photo is my home. Dont u think only a lucky person gets a personal visit by an elephant at his home. I just feel sorry i could feed just 4 potatoes to the poor elephant.look at his size.Luckily the elephant loved me and al;lowed me to feel him all over. Tuffy was barking away, and i am afraid if i had left Tuffy loose,God knows what would have happened to the Elephant( the black one i mean). [​IMG]

Lets see what comes tommorow to my home,and what subject is the blog on, even i dont know.

Thanks for bearing with me,this is one silly blog among the many that i post,so thanks for bearing me and being bored.

Thanks once again,one and all.Regards

KAMAL MAHTANI

2. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello kamalji

elephant in the backyard...
    sure got me looking
    it is quite common in our place
    a huge animal come a begging...?
    since they visit us sometime in the morning
    and lunch is usually ready
    we mix the rice and jaggery
    cool it fast under fan or whatever
    then feed the elephant
    soon there will be bananas
    and coconut scrapings
    (the mahouts do not allow full coconut
    nowadays..!)
    and then we give the fella
    a bucketful of water
    sometimes when the elephant is happy
    we get a shower unexpected...!
    they do get a cartload of
    coconut fronds and mullumurungai leaves
    from our backyard
    for the next ....burp....

i see no two elephants
    maybe it is your imagination...!
    good luck next time...
    and tell tuffy i like him
    woof woof for sure...!

sathya

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sathya,

HAHA.Dont u see the small elephant with with white shirt,that is me.:2thumbsup:

Well elephant come to beg is very rare in jaipur,but much common in the south.

Its good u feed the elephant.i find them very gentle creatures,and lovable.

thank u for taking the trouble to write comments.Regards.kamal

4. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Dear Kamalji,

I was searching for the picture of a small elephant and wondering whether all the pictures were not displayed on my PC. :mrgreen:

Just 4 potatoes for that gentle giant must have seemed like fast food in terms of elephant servings.

5. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Kamalji,

Good to see you in picture. After seeing elephants I remember my childhood days. Where we lived there was an Ayyappan temple and as a tradition <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place><st1:placeType>temple</st1:placeType> <st1:placeName>poojaries</st1:placeName></st1:place> used bring the elephant to all the devotes houses in that area once year during onam and used to do pooja with rice kernels. and at the end we kids used feed jaggery to the elephant.. after seeing the picture I got all those memories back.

Tulasi

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Nivediji,

HAHA.the small elephant is with the white shirt.Yes u are so right, 4 potatoes must be like fast food for the poor chap.Next tiem will keep lots for him.Thank u for taking time off to read and comment on my blog.Regards.kamal

7. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Tulasiji,

It must be feeling so nice to feed the elephants.I love them, they look so peaceful; and nice,like gentle giants.Thanks for commenting.Regards.kamal