1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Electric rice cooker with steel inner pot

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by Lakshmipav, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Lakshmipav

Lakshmipav Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies ,

am in process of replacing my old electric rice cooker .. This time I would like to go for steel inner pot rather than non stick .. But I could find only few items on Amazon aroma making one ( with reasonable price but I don't like the closure design It will spill steam I hope ) .. But all other cookers with good closure are expensive ..

I searched in this forum but couldnt found .. Sorry if there is already thread on this topic ..if any body using electric rice cooker with steel inner pot please share with ..me

2. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

3. Lakshmipav

Lakshmipav Silver IL'ite

oh thank u .. I was just taking about this only .. How is ur experience with this .. Does it spill the water from steam vent .. I have this model for 2 cup specially for baby food but used to get mess all over the counter .. I once got burned too ..

so am looking for something like handle closure where there is a small cup side to collect extra water .. Something like that ..I have aroma product stainless steel exterior with non stick inner pot.. Now the pot service is over ..

i thought buy new one with steel inner pot .. Looks like it's hard to find else spend $110 for it ..

4. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Lakshmi, it is like any other normal rice cooker, it does bubble the water over if there is too much water. I usually keep the cooker inside a large plate so that the counter doesn't get messed up.

I had the exact same experience as you, this was the only inexpensive stainless steel cooker I could find. The rest were over $100, for the stainless steel inner pot.

Did you check these out?

http://www.amazon.com/Narita-Cooker...ds=rice+cooker+with+stainless+steel+inner+pot

http://www.amazon.com/Tatung-Direct..._UL160_SR160,160_&refRID=1M0PTJNQC18K0E2SBZC2

1 person likes this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

3 people like this.
  6. Lakshmipav

Lakshmipav Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies ,

small update here I got oyama electric rice cooker with stainless steel inner vessel works good for now .. No spilling at all the construction is nice .. Initially hesitated to buy bcoz it's made in China ( what not made in China in my home except me DH dd ) but looks good n healthy ..