1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Elections and Cricket

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jayasala42, May 17, 2014.

1. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Narendra Modi led BJP has inflicted an innings defeat to the Sonia led Congress in the 2014 Lok Sabha Elections!NAMO played like Dhoni winning the Cricket World Cup and RAGA,who was not even seen to bid farewell to the ex P. M was seen taking facial instructions from his mother. Modi is the Man of the Match of the IPL ie Indian People League Elections of 2014!

Very often Election results are compared to the game of cricket.In good old days, there were only Test matches and no 50-50 or 20-20 matches.Many matches were declared time draw.
    I have never evinced any interest in the game, especially living in a village.
    There were radio sets in one or two houses.The boy at the end of the street , on listening to the radio would shout the 4s and 6s and the net scores and spread the message thro a card board cone so that the boy at the other end of the street notes it down with charcoal on the cement pyol of the house to the anger of all grandmas of the house.
    After coming to Madras amidst house hold /office responsibilities and with 2 children to take care I never thought about cricket.Now and then I used to read sports comments.
    I was always interested in listening to religious discourses as we were next to Krishna Gana sabha in T. Nagar.
    Shri Jayarama Sarma, an officer of AGS office was delivering lectures on Shrimat Bhagavatham.

He dealt in detail about three Gunas, Karmendriyas, Gnanendriyas etc.When he observed people falling asleep almost drooping down, he just started diverting the people and started Loud Naama smaranam. When the people wiped their eyes and became alert,he started talking about Vedantha Cricket,
    People started listening enthusiastically.
    The three stumps depict the three Gunas- sathwa, Rajas and Thamas.They are the three guiding factors in our life.
    The delicate bail is our Praanan or life just sticking and may fall out at any time.
    The bowler is the Kaalapurusha ( Time), in whose hands our destiny rests.
    The 6 ballas he bowls represent six seasons like Vasantha Ruthu, Greeshma Ruthu etc etc.

Ten fielders are Karmendriyas and gnanendriyas who may direct us in any direction.
    The mind is the cricket ball.
    A ' four' representsDharma, Artha, kaama and moksha and continue cycles of life (again and again)
    A 'six' represents who transcends material pleasures and proceed towards Gnana marga.
    The two watchful umpires are Vedas and brahma rishis.
    The third umpire is the Lord Supreme.
    The cricket is a game of uncertainty and so is life.
    Even after scoring sixes, that is nearing gnana marga, one can be afflicted by material pleasures and get bowled by the Kalapurusha,the villain of bad Time.
    We can never get elated by temporary achievements of sixes and fours and Atmasaakshatkar is not within easy reach.
    There is not continuous victory or defeat in cricket. A team that wins a game of huge runs with a loss of a few wickets, may get a duck the next day. The same is the case with life.

The rules and regulations of the game which never entered my inert mind,some how glued to me when Shri sarma gave an analogical explanation.
    When I was listening to the Election results thro'Times Now' Channel, I was more and more reminded of Vedantha Cricket.
    I sincerely feel that the BJP which has won a massive victory should not get elated by the high scores of fours and sixes , but straight away plunge into developmental activities without commenting on the weakness of the opponent team, which may
    by rigorous practice, come to the surface again at the opportune moment.

Jayasala 42

5 people like this.

2. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Wow ! Cricket, politics and spirituality, the three crucial life giving naadis coursing through every Indian's life, brought together as a fragrant kadambam ! Wonderful !

As you have said, it would be greatly useful to Modi and his team, if they krpt a balanced head on their shoulders and not slip on the same banana peels of smugness, arrogance and hubris that the grand old party Congress had.

3. jayasala42

Dear Manju,
    We will wait and see. Hope they may not commit the same blunders done by erstwhile Janata party but is likely to commit other mistakes, not so serious. It is political life, not a cake walk to anybody. Has to satisfy too many individauls. Letus see.

Jayasala 42

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mrs Jayasala,

We need to keep the best foot forward to score in life (foot work).We need a clear mind, see good things and use our hands wisely (mental strength an hand/eye coordination). We need to let go some things above our head like a bouncer.

Viswa

5. jayasala42

Dear viswa,
    a nice interpretation for sixers. We need practical minded people, not necessarily success oriented.

Jayasala 42

6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Jayasala the oposition team has a remote xchance of winning if there is a drastic reshuffle with the booting out of some players including the mother and her imbecile son. or if the new rulers perform even worse than the erstwhile ones in the next game.

7. jayasala42

Dear balajee,
    You are absolutely correct.Politics is such a field that any unpredictable thing may happen at any time at the slightest trigger. Even with absolute majority it may not be a cake walk for BJP. since a small lapse will be tainted with a glass of secularism.
    What is secularism? nobody knows the answer.

Jayasala 42

8. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Jayasala,

Entertainingly entwined post! Good one.

9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jaya,
    Connecting cricket, politics and spirituality, wow!
    I do hope that BJP might have learnt a lesson from the congress debacle and will be more careful. If not people of the country will teach them a lesson as they have done with congress.
    PS

10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jaya,

Agree with u about the BJP doing development rather than criticizing Congress.Very well summed up by u.
    Regards

kamal