1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Elder One..

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by messedup, Jul 6, 2019.

1. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the detailed reply. Yes it is a big challenge. I usually avoid to compare them but still I do this sometimes as they are poles apart. One like to eat only roti other likes only vegetables. One like milk other don't like it. Like this many things are there which is just opposite. It's many times difficult to handle. Patience is the biggest thing required and not easy to achieve 100%. Can only try to improvise on it.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

I have two kids with different personalities. I make it a point to spend one on one time with each kid without the other plus combined activities with the two. The goal is to make sure that both your kids are secure about themselves. If the younger one gets more attention, the elder one will definitely feel secure.
    Praise him when he does good things. Reward him in different ways.
    You should also make him feel that he is good the way he is. He cannot and should not strive to be like his younger brother in terms of personality.
    An introvert is an introvert. We should respect that.
    Your kid is young and this is a good time to make him feel secure about himself. Discipline is important but also make an effort to show the love .

3. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the reply. I do spend time with both of them equally. And more than discipline I take care of their natural growth which should not harm by getting harsh on them. My main concern is how I convince him to follow my instructions. He follow only when I get very strict but later he get upset on me for this and say you don't love me and all. There should be some way to convince him without showing anger. But that's difficult to find out.

4. babycouture

babycouture New IL'ite

Tips for Dealing with an Overall Talkative Child
    Being able to join words and forming simple sentences to having a complete conversation, your children eventually grow and have enough communication skills to describe what is happening in their lives.

They might get into an argument with you when you are choosing kids’ clothes for him, or he even might reveal certain indescribable events that you want to hide from all. They eventually start to take part in real conversations and express their imaginations in words.

It is not always the case that your child will talk illogical. And, this is the exact age when he develops intuitive behavior and asks you some questions that you would love to answer.

They do not know where to end the conversation and how to respect someone’s privacy.

Here, the need for counseling and timely guidance is felt. Parents play a vital role in teaching kids when to speak and what to avoid while having a conversation with elders.

• Handling a Hyper-talkative Child
    Your tiny talker might wear you out with lengthy conversations. You need to give a direction to his thoughts and drive him towards useful information.

When you are continually getting complaints regarding the talkative nature of your child, you will have to take measures to improve his habit and teach him the advantages of talking less.

• Give them Enough Chance to Talk
    Set time for your child in which he can express all he wants to. Do not stop him or interfere with his sayings. He might want to express his deepest fears. His day in the school was an eventful one, and so, he would narrate everything that happened.

You can even ask for their opinions when you buy kids dress. Their ideas can give you a hint about the thinking of your child. Let your kid know that it is perfectly fine to talk and express. Then only he will be able to make wise decisions in years to come.

messedup likes this.
  5. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the reply. Will try to consider and take care of these points.