education in US - DEARBORN

Discussion in 'Indians in Sydney' started by Arunasara, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Arunasara

Arunasara New IL'ite

Hi,
    My husband is likely to get 2 yrs project in Dearborn, US.
    SO we may need to shift there temporarily. So, it would be helpful if anyone gives me information about there regarding house rent, climate, about the education. Main thing is education. My son is 6 years old and he is doing I std here. WHen does the academic start there. HOw is the admission process. FEEs?
    CAn the children mingle easily in school with other children and teachers?
    Can we get admission easily in public school or what??
    So please give me all the information about the place. I am totally blank .
    How much will the monthly expenditure be APPROX. Can we stay in dearborn itself or else should we stay nearby?

Thank you
    Aruna S

2. eagle

eagle Bronze IL'ite

I presume you are referring to Dearborn,Michigan in the US. Your child can attend public school there and there are no fees .If you live in that particular zone where the public school is you can admit your child anytime. You have to bring the required documents like birth certificate, immunization records, visa etc of your child. You can look for different apartments online based on your husband's work place.
    Good luck with your move.

Shobana

3. Arunasara

Arunasara New IL'ite

Thank you for ur reply. But if we come we will be coming only H1B or L1. So in that case will there be no fees. Bcoz generally only for PR's and citzens will avail the free education know.
    Then how the dearborn area? can we find house there itself orelse should we find house in someother suburb nearby? can we find indians in that place.
    Please help me with more information.
    Thank you