Education in UAE

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Dubai' started by balamotwani, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Any good universities for Indians in Dubai or Abudhabi

Hi kanaka,

All the best for her exams.

Don't you think options are more if she studies in chennai. is it going to be a problem. she can take literature, take extra foreign languages classes which will be very useful later and also have others extra additions. I am not thinking about the monetary part as you would have already discussed the pros and cons. I am only thinking about the exposure she would get here.

My 2 cents...

2. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Please check out the various options available in Knowledge Village as well as Academic City.

Regards
    USHA

3. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Usha
    Thanks for the info.I will check it out.

4. balamotwani

balamotwani Bronze IL'ite

Is Arabic compulsory in Schools?

Hi,

I want to know whether Arabic is compulsory in Dubai/Sharjah schools?
    If yes,How do indian parents help kids to make the kids learn Arabic, is it easy?
    Are there any indian cbse or international curicullum schools where arabic is not compulsory?
    Please share your ideas.

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Re: Is Arabic compulsory in Schools?

Hi Bala,

It is compulsory to learn Arabic. My daughter learnt it for two years...before we returned to india...she did not find it difficult... to tell you the truth..i as a parent just brought her an english-arabic-english dictionary..which is useful for veda also with too many local staff working with him...

My daughter says the teacher who taught her arabic used to teach how to pronounce and also the meaning and everything so nicely...that it was never difficult to learn...

maybe if we go with a open mind and not have any preset notions it will be different.....

My friends children under british curriculam also learn arabic...i think you have to learn arabic that is a rule from the ministry of education in UAE/OMAN...

Hope this helps....

6. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Schools in UAE

We can discuss all about schools here.

Regards
    USHA

7. Kurunji

Kurunji New IL'ite

Yes, Arabic is a MUST , whatever the school system you choose -- whether British, CBSE , whatever, from Year 1 onwards. It entirely depends on the teacher who is teaching the kids in school --- till date not heard of even one school, where Arabic is taught with diligence and sincerity.
    In my son's school, the teacher(s) are terrible -- 2 ladies, who just yell at the kids ; give them some homework where they have to copy out from textbook into notebook, that's all ! Exam time, they just allow the kids to look into their notebooks and write the answer. Then grades are given as :shock: Excellent -- but the kid can only recite the Arabic numbers & say 'shukran' !! :shock: They cannot read a single Arabic word in any signboard or on TV or in newspaper etc. !! :shock:
    And unfortunately not a single student can do without keeping private tuition for Arabic. For Year 1 I didn't keep, then from Year 2 had to keep [ an indian muslim gentleman from kerala, who came for my friend's children also] 'cos Arabic must get at least 50% for passing on to next class ! It has become a huge :bang :bang :bang frustrating problem esp. for kids in Grade 10 and above, who have to face public exams -- most of their time is spent in learning a language which is very very difficult to learn without correct teachers.

8. RashedMohamed

RashedMohamed New IL'ite

Hi,
    Provision of quality education in the United Arab Emirates began shortly after the establishment of the federation with the inception of the first university in Al Ain, Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates University. Since then, the country has progressed with efforts of ensuring high literacy rates, modern programs and women’s share in education. The UAE currently devotes approximately 25 percent of total federal government spending to education. The overall literacy rate is 91%.

If you are looking for professional academic assistance and TOP ranked universities in UAE; go to wwwdotessaysdotae.

Thanks

9. RashedMohamed

RashedMohamed New IL'ite

Re: schools in Dubai

Hi,
    Please go to wwwdotdubaifaqsdotcom/schools-dubaidotphp

You can find many schools as per your required curriculum.
    Thanks.