1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Educated scolds but never curses!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by srinivasan_vanaja, Feb 24, 2008.

1. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

Its a truth, it has been in practice, each and everyone of us who are educated can do a self assessment, you will discover what I have said.

We may scold our family members, our relatives, our children and even unknown faces. But we draw a line to our words. Yes, we educated never curse anybody.

Today while I was driving, I was almost to be hit by a car. I really got annoyed at the person driving and his carelessness and scolded him to vent my anger. But, you know, its my dear life, I have people waiting for me at home, I have my duties to perform, I have lot of issues to settle. How this person in a second make me immobile or take my life?

But to my surprise and knowledge, I drew a line to my words, I did not curse him. I didn't curse him that he would die on his way or the usual dialogues you may recollect from the films and serials.

Why this is so? I applied this to all happenings in my life - betrayals, friendship, break ups and even curses. What a wonder! I have not cursed anybody for their miss-deeds though they deserve one.

The reason is very simple, I am educated. Educated never curse. Do you all agree?

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

This is the topic dear to my heart, Vanaja!
    Don't think I like to Rant.

According to my knowledge, only the EDUCATED MIND will not curse.

Education doesn't do anything with curse.
    I can give an eg. in my own il-family.
    I came to know all the curse-words from my mil. She is so fluent in that, whenever she wants to scold somebody--'accidentally' she cursesbonk
    She is an educated women--'andha kaalathula college padiththaval'.
    What say!
    cursing is related to many aspects----one thinks that one is superior than the other and the other is useless compared to them, etc.

MIND is important and not the education. Just my My 2cents

I don't want to curse anybody for any reason--even from my childhood days:hiya

sriniketan

3. srinivasan_vanaja

Hi Sriniketan,

Well said! Only Educated Mind never curse.

Actually that is what I meant. I should have emphasized it properly. Thanks for making this thread more clear.

Educated means - not getting a degree - according to me - are the people who takes their Education in right spirit and be disciplined.

People who studies just for the sake of name, fame, money will never be disciplined.

4. Anushiv

Anushiv Senior IL'ite

Hi Vanaja,

Again, I feel you sound like me. As srineketan mentioned, it is the educated mind and not the education. To site an example I would like to bring my in-laws in to this pic (I know it is boring!) my F-L has a good educational background but I feel he doesn’t have ' educated mind' as such. He is sharp tongued -curses often. Initially it gets on to my nervous, but later on, I think every curse of him is a blessing in disguise. His curses indeed act as a motivation to lead a better life!

Sometimes I wonder, people who curse like this will they realize that the 'curses', will hit them back again?

5. kavya007

kavya007 Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I disagree. Education has nothing to do with the softness of mind and heart. Even educated people can get sinister and curse. I am guilty of the same offense. Most schools and colleges do not teach us how to handle our negative emotions properly.

Thanks,
    Kavya.

6. padmavathi m

padmavathi m Silver IL'ite

vanaja, sriniketan, anushiv,

rightly said, curses will bounce back to us. not only words which come out of our mouth, even the thoughts, should be analysed......................
    so we should always think before we speak............. when the anger arises on a person, immediately recall that person's picture in the mind and forgive him........ this is a very difficult task to do but when we practice it in our daily life, we will not become too emotional on anyone..................... this i practice it almost everyday................... yes of course i am an ordinary human being but the degree of anger is reduced in me............... with this practice.................
    its only our mind, once we streamline our mind i think we can overcome this................

love
    padma

7. arch174

arch174 Senior IL'ite

HI everyone,
    do u people mean thinking/wishing bad happenings on others who have wronged us by the word 'curses'.?
    I think people curse when they realise that they are defenceless against somebody.If some person wrongs u deliberately it is his choice of action..reaction to that wrong is ur choice.Besides,I always believe wharever gud or bad we do comes back to us..maybe not from the other person directly but in some other form..so why spoil our future..esp so when we know that cursing will not affect the wrong -doer one bit

8. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

You dont have to be educated not to curse ..

some people just curse ... maybe they have, as children, seen others do it and it has grown on them.

I think parents should play a role. never curse in front of their children, and if the child does it for some reason, stop him from doing it and explain to him that it is wrong .

Also to a large extent, I think as you mature , you stop doing 'silly things ' you may have done when you were younger .

( here I am talking from my own perspective )... Its many years since I have 'laid down' my entire self to Mother - good or bad - I leave it to Her to decide . In the process I have not had any jealousy, any ill feeling .. even towards those who have ruined my life.

So I think we create a calmer life for ourselves when we dont do such things

My humble thots

Bhooma

9. srinivasan_vanaja

hi kavya, bhooma

you try to apply this to yourself and find out. like what you have done when somebody hurts you.

and discover that your mind is educated.

please do not bother about the curses you get from others though they are educated.

this is a self assessment to discover your educated mind.

10. srinivasan_vanaja

hi anushiv,

great!

you have taken all the curses in a right spirit.

they will not realize, as sriniketan said, their minds are not educated.

this il's issues are boring definitely and never ending too.