Edit Time

Discussion in 'Site Help & FAQs' started by sokanasanah, Nov 24, 2013.

Restore edit deadline to 24 hours

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    89.5%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

If there are no lives at risk, immovable deadlines to launch Apollo mission on time, Swan station sequence crunching for every 60 mins lest the world blows up, could we please increase the 'edit window' to 2 hours.

I have no clue what happened off late but the site logs me off quite often , that I need to log in later to edit (add content) and post is locked by then. 1 hour was okay earlier but with the frequent service denials , could you please extend the window to edit for 2 hours in the meanwhile.

I understand the rational behind implementation of this policy control, malaperts getting a mickey out of posting inflammatory posts that are redacted later. But there are also highly productive forums where people are more civil and sensible that this rule is more of a deterrent, anything but productive. I think we need to have a balance between participants/forums that are volatile to forums that are sedate when actualizing site wide standards.

Thanks a lot. For now is it possible to extend for 2 hours? 2 hours that's it! No more camp talks after this, :)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
  2. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Rap, rap rap !

This ain't one of those places where I need to submit Permit A 38 in 'Place that sends you mad'. Would appreciate, indebted, as a member's siggie says , will wax lyrical about this site if you can please action on it , rejection will break my heart into splinters of unbearable pain (bg dramatic music of glass shattering) ! :biggrin2:

3. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

Could you please consider expansion of "edit window" from existing 1H to 3 hours?

Thank you!

4. Jey

Jey Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Aria, saw this earlier but somehow fell through the crack. Question for you. Are you still getting service denials? If yes, can you email support AT indusladies.com. We would like to fix that problem first. As far as we know, there isn't a know issue of people getting logged out. If that is happening, I would like to fix that first and foremost and then come to this edit window thing. People should be able to type something up, keep in an open window in draft format as long as they want.

5. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

No, I don't see the service denial errors anymore.
    I've responded to Admin in pm sent.

6. Aria

Aria New IL'ite

7. Jey

Jey Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Aria, reviewing that other thread. Will keep you posted.