1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Eclipsed Loonies

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

The biggest tragedy in the world is labour is not valued. People who slave physically sweating like mad aren’t rewarded. Some guys get the best deal and others get eclipsed.And believe me this has been happening since mythological times.

Takr the tale of churning of the ocean of milk by the gods and asuras ( There’s enough milk in there to cause lactose allergy to entire humanity). The two sides agreed that they would share the fruits of the labour equally. The main purpose of the churning (Didn’t thy get a rope? They used a snake instead. That is serious cruelty to a reptile) was to bring out Amrit, the nectar of immortality.

When the nectar came out what happened? Vishnu took the form of a PYT and in the fashion of the best Bollywood movies og sixties and seventies conned the asuras thre way Bollywood heroines made asses of villains and their henchmen with an item number , almost invariably voiced by Asha Bhonsle.

Well, there was no Asha Bhonsle back then. So Vishnu multitasked enrapturing asuras with an item number while simultaneously distributing the Amrit to the gods.

But all Asuras were not that dumb you see. There were two smart guys who saw what was happening , disguised themselves as gods and sat in their line , beating Vishnu in his own game. Managed to get the Amrit and swallowed it.

Before it crossed their throats to reach the alimentary canals, they were exposed by alert sun and moon gods and Vishnu promptly beheaded them. But they did not kick the buckets and had become immortal thanks to the nectar. One had a snake’s body attached to him and the other snake’s head (I am surprised that our bhakts haven’t claimed this as the first instance of plastic surgery, You see Vedic Indians had invented everything, aeroplane, nuke missiles, plastic surgery, locomotives movies, TV and what not).

But these two chaps never forgave the sun and the moon and whenever r they get a chance they try to make a meal of them, but are forced to regurgitate them. That is the sole scientific explanation for solar and lunatic oops sorry lunar eclipses. If you have any other theories forget them, They have been floated by enemies of Hinduism, those with a Pakistani mindset, ISI agents terrorists and what not.

Today it is the moon’s turn to be on Rahu-Ketu’s dining table. And thge moon will glow red after being regurgitated. Naturally don’t you turn red when you are angry? How long can one suffer this exercise?

.In my childhood I have seen dried Darpa grass knotted around door handles clearly warning Rahu and Ketu that they aren’t welcome into our homes.

But the worst part of the eclipse ritual was you were not allowed to eat or drink , no not even water, even if you are starving to death or your throat is parched and crying for some moisture. My grandma used to tell me that since messers Rah and ketu couldn’t digest sun and moon during eclipse, we wouldn’t be able to digest our food either. When I pointed out that eclipses occur when sun earth and moon come in a straight line and either sun or moon aren’t visible due to a play of shadows, grandma used to grunt that schools were teaching wrong things.

My mom tried to inject a bit of pseudoscience into the whole affair bt saying thar when sun, earth and moon come in a line certain rays emanate that spoil your digestion .Too bad mu mom was not given the Nobel for Physics, astrophysics that is or medicine for this observations on our alimentary canals.

The Beauty of the Rahu Ketu story is it has spawned an entire industry. Priests charged a King’s Ransom . as did the guys seeking alms. A particularly villainous looking chap who resembled a bandit from all those Bollywood Chambal valley movies used to land up at my doorstep,(He also used to comre every Saturday to keep lLrd Shani at bay) His well groomed handlebar moustache always intimidated mom to be pretty charitable with cash and grains.

And let us not forget eclipse tourism. Thousands of people rush to pilgrimage centres to offer oblations to extremely polluted and holy rivers. These towns gain by this tourism and the babas abd babies (female babas) there become richer thanks to the gullible oops sorry devout.

When things stand that way what is scientific evidence but a conspiracy against a major sector of economy?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  2. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Irrespective whether it is a solar eclipse or a lunar eclipse, we have plenty of lunatics spreading loony tales. Such lunacy of lunatics should be trashed into loony bins.

3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

You aren't pointing a finger at me, are you?

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  4. GeetaKashyap

When you aren't spreading loony tales, why will I point a finger at you?:confundio1:

I pointing hands at those who have a tale for every sneeze n cough and attribute everything to planets. These planets must be carrying supercomputers to track each n every useless human being, political party, city n even nations!:smash2: These super power sources get appeased so easily by a grain of til or our dip in the Ganges. How can such simple, easily appeasable planets be dangerous?

@kkrish please help as you know them better.:p

5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

@Balajee
    That was a lovely satire.
    Actually it is folks such as you and me who are eclipsed.
    People have looked at me as if I have gone crazy when I try to explain the eclipses. Some have moved away physically as if I am afflicted by a contagious disease. :rolleyes:

6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

@GeetaKashyap
    I know who better, Geeta? The lunatics or the planets equipped with supercomputers?
    :)

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  7. BerryPine

BerryPine Gold IL'ite

Need of the hour thread. After witnessing the entire beautiful scenic view of the eclipse,i was given a "beyond untouchable" look by a neighbor and was challenged that my health might get affected because I was exposing myself sighting the eclipse. :oops::rolleyes: ( Oh pls dont curse me:facepalm::hollering:)

Sandycandy and kkrish like this.
  8. GeetaKashyap

@kkrish

Come on, kkrish. Dealing with lunatics is not your forte but space and the planets are! You know the ins and outs of planets and how malefic or beneficient they are to the hapless humans. Tell us about all the harmful stuffs they are capable of doing to humans specifically distinguishing one from the other!.:BangHead: We need to dispel at least some myths, if not all.

This evening a neighbour came doddering to the terrace as she couldnot see clearly, becoz she wore cooling glass to protect her precious eyesight!:sunglasses:

Sandycandy, HazelPup and kkrish like this.
  9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

I was just pulling your leg @GeetaKashyap .

I liked your idea of every planet equipped with a super computer and checking the list to see if Geeta or Kkrish will be their next target.
    I will post separately. Do not want to hijack @Balajee 's thread.

Oh my!

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  10. GeetaKashyap

@kkrish

LOL! Let us not steal @Balajee's limelight the way SLB's has been stolen!

Look forward to your thread dispelling myths! Navgrahas, watch out! Superwoman is coming to knock you off your orbits & demystify you:tonguewink:

kkrish and nandinimithun like this.