Eating more after delivery

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by pattumom, Dec 2, 2012.

1. pattumom

pattumom Junior IL'ite

I am eating more than what I probably should..I delivered weeks back and is in no mood to exercise (I had a c-sec) or watch diet (I am breast feeding)....please help how to motivate myself...

2. svh14

svh14 Senior IL'ite

Dear new Mom
    Its very natural to eat more after delivery,esp if you are breastfeeding a child,as you are eating for two.
    So eat without guilt at least for 1yr after delivery.
    Tc

3. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

New mom,

It seems you are feeling bad to eat more now.. you have mentioned you delivered weeks back. So i guess it s not months. You eat as you want for 2months then try to control a little by little. Dont worry for weight and exercise. You had a c section you cant exert yourself. If you are much worried then add vegetable salad and fruit salads in between meals and more soups. This will be good for both you and baby.

4. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

dear op,

congrats for the baby!!! i don't know much regarding this topic, but i think you should eat as much as you want, but just make sure you don't eat any junk, just eat healthy food, and i am sure you can eat as much as feel like.

don't feel guilty about it, enjoy your motherhood!!!! and have enough of ghee, you will not put on weight with this.