Eating more after delivery

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by pattumom, Dec 2, 2012.

1. pattumom

pattumom Junior IL'ite

Hi all,

I delivered a baby around 7 weeks back and was eating pathiya saapadu for 6 weeks. But I am eating MORE than what I used to eat during pregnancy or before getting pregnant. My mom cautioned me to watch HOW much I am eating but my fear is eating less would cause less milk production.

Please share your experiences :(

2. Akineel

Akineel Platinum IL'ite

Hey... Congrats dear...

It depends on body... Even I was like you...I gained some 5-6 kgs back which I lost during delivery...
    But my frnd says she is not at all hungry,and having only 3 meals....in Btwn fruits r enough...

Just give a try if u can include some fruits to Ur diet, by which u won't put on much weight.
    Include oats. May be evening u can have this.

Instead of having rice, have bit oats and bottle gourd subji. This 2 helps in milk secretion.
    In Addition, after 2.5 months u cab have boiled black channa and green gram sprouts... This also helps in milk...
    By having this u won't put on weight,Ur hunger will be suppressed and milk will b more...

It's all my experience. I didn't follow this and struggling to lose weight now.
    Take care...eat smart...

3. sanvi5

sanvi5 Silver IL'ite

Because of feeding the baby your nutritions are going to the baby so you will obviously feel hungry and feel like eating more there is nothing wrong. As long as you are breast feeding you will feel hungry. Remember what ever your eating is going to the baby. So dont worry about weight.

4. Hachiko

Hachiko Gold IL'ite

Ya..im also eating a lot nowadays..i have gained weight a lot and looking very chubbier now.hopefully I able to control myself soon.

5. Nivimum

Nivimum Junior IL'ite

Ya even I ate more in the initial days after delivery...but it was really easy for me to lose the weight
    When my baby started crawling:)))(