1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Eating everything that comes your way yet staying in shape!

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by ParomaSen2411, Nov 16, 2012.

1. ParomaSen2411

ParomaSen2411 Bronze IL'ite

I thought of starting this Thread because I do believe that a few tips I have up my sleeve may help people, especially weight conscious women!

I have been conscious about my weight ever since my teenage days! Now, I am in my late 20's but have mastered the art of eating EVERYTHING I feel like and whatever comes my way! And, I manage to stay in shape too! Here's a short intro as to how, it may help you too! If you have any tips, do share for all of us here!

--Do some form of exercise at least every alternate day

--Upto 15 minutes of jogging or brisk walking daily really helps you stay in shap

--Start the day by drinking warm drinks and beverages like Ginger Tea / Warm water with honey in it / Warm coffee

--Strong caffeine beverages like black coffee help increase metabolic activity thereby reducing weight over the years

--Avoid drinking cold water during meals and right after it. Cold water obstructs smooth digestion and might cause oil in the foods to add to calories

--Asians drink a warm tea after meals...it helps them stay in shape. That is why most Asians are slim. Warm drinks and beverages help digest food better.

--Reserve a day in the week or at least 1 day in a fortnight as a detoxification day wherien you consume only fruits, boiled vegetables and juices. It helps maintain health and stay in shape.

--Be active! If you rely on machines to do your work, start doing one chore or task around the house yourself manually...it will work wonders for your body!

8 people like this.

2. dvl

dvl Silver IL'ite

Lovely tips...I just have one question. I fast once a week by consuming only fruits and milk. Recently I have developed diabetes. Now I would like to change my fasting diet. What do yo suggest?

Rgds
    Vidhya

3. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Vidya.. Try to consume fruits and vvegetables as salads on fasting day at regular intervals. That would help you i guess.

1 person likes this.
  4. vijiananthu

vijiananthu Gold IL'ite

Hi! Thanks for the nice tips. I also follow some of your suggestions already. Morning I take Ginger with lemon and honey. It helps in detoxification.

One more important point is - Eat only when you are really hungry. Don't eat timewise. This is very important for weight loss and for good health.

1 person likes this.
  5. ParomaSen2411

ParomaSen2411 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vidhya! As a diabetic (I'm not sure what type diabetes you have), but has your doctor told you to eat at frequent intervals as a result of it? If so, then eating whole fruits along with stewed fruits and fresh fruit juices during the day would better. You can consume whole fruits for breakfast, have an apple stew during mid-day and freshly squeezed juices through the day... include dry fruits too during the fast. Hope this helps you! Take Care!

6. dvl

dvl Silver IL'ite

hey thanks folks...

rgds
    vidhya

7. g3sudha

g3sudha IL Hall of Fame

useful tips....

8. cedantseq

cedantseq New IL'ite

i will definitely try out these methods.

9. TheBeliever

TheBeliever Silver IL'ite

wow !!Lovely tips...try to follow

10. londongirl

londongirl Senior IL'ite

Very good tips! Thanks a lot!