1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Eating disorders, Pregnancy, Stress and the whole shebang.

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by annabunny, Jun 26, 2014.

1. annabunny

annabunny Silver IL'ite

Hello Sga and Laks. Thank you for the response.

I actually did manage to work for 20 mins on the crosstrainer yesterday and today went for a walk in the rain with my LO in the buggy(raincover on ofcourse) . So thanks for the push I needed.

Yes I had a counsellor but i moved to the outskirts of the city and now have changed doctors and this one wants me to be an in-patient in the facility. I am going to enquire about other options of attending his office instead.

I am 5 feet 7 inches tall. If only i could grow taller lol.
    I have kept a food journal for the past 2 weeks and have cut down snacking on junk a lot. I am a bit impatient with the weightloss as I have always been used to seeing quick weightloss on previous fasting diets as a teenager.

Thanks for all those tips Laks.
    Today's food journal is as follow-
    BF- 2 weetabix with milk and a banana
    L- 2 rotis + Gobhi alu subzi
    D- yet to eat but 2 rotis, dal and leftover subzi.
    Beverges are water and a a cup of tea with 2 spoons of sugar + milk.

As far as cooking my food is concerned I use minimal oil (1 tablespoon per item) or use 1calorie spray oils for things like omlettes or scrambled eggs.

This was on a good day, so if i coupd eat lile this everyday i do have some hope . I have improved a lot since keeping my foodjournal.
    I will also update my weight tomorrow and then update everyweek. I use one of those bodyfat analyser machines at my local supermarket as I find them more reliable.

Thanks for the advise once again and please feel free to leave any advice or even chide me if i seem to be eating the wrong kind of food (will post a daily food log) .

Regards,
    Annabunny

2. ChandrikaV

ChandrikaV IL Hall of Fame

Anna,

eat some fruits. You need some snacks in between. You can eat like this daily, All the best.

3. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Hello annabunny,

You already have got great advice here. I want to add this. Please up your protein intake. If you are a vegetarian, nuts, dal, lentils etc. otherwise eggs, fish and lean meat. Make sure you consume a portion of protein with every meal. Otherwise your brain is going to tell you that you need more food in a very short time. You could save a portion of dal from the previous night for the next morning. (I save about half a cup of dal, warm it up in the morning, add a spoon of cheese on top and eat it along with my breakfast)

all the best!

1 person likes this.
  4. MaliniHari

MaliniHari Gold IL'ite

Buddy, you got to do only one thing, self control. Trust me, it is very very hard to get rid of this eating habit, but once you master it, you could get out of this! Isee that you are doing an awesome job!

1. You do not really have to eat less to shed weight. It is what you eat matters! Have some fruits right in front of your eyes - I have this munching disorder, so I switched to baby carrots, grapes, almonds, walnuts, apricots, figs. I have everything in front of me. So when I feel like munching some, I have no option but to eat these!

2. Portion does not matter really. So, when you are about to eat - have a glass of water, have a salad and then start eating. You would end up consuming less.

3. IF you fill your plate with veggies, you would not ask for more size.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  5. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

And dear, have you asked your to for cognitive behavioural throaty information? They have some great information and techniques. You can check out "live life to the fullest" site. It requires effort which is totally worth it.

6. annabunny

annabunny Silver IL'ite

Hello ladies thanks for the tips.

Chandrika, I took your advice onboard and had a fruity breakfast- jaffa oranges,apple and frozen berries.
    Dal for breakfast, never thought of that but why not!! My ds loves dal so I make it everyday. I have heard about CBT but never been offered it, I wil have to ask. I'm going to have a look at the website right away. Thanks guessehoo
    That's awesome Malini, you ladies are really inspiring me with all your success stories. Thanks for the push!

Regards,
    Annabunny

7. ChandrikaV

ChandrikaV IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anna,

congrats and kudos in making positive changes......you will see changes in your weight soon. Once the scale starts moving down, nothing can really stop you.......

2 people like this.
  8. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Anna,
    At your current weight for your height I do feel you can add some more to your diet. Maybe an extra roti at lunch, some more protein, some Greek yogurt or something like that. You can definitely add a mid morning and evening snack. I like the snacks because when I increased my workouts, I could modify the snacks to suit my needs better.
    Dont be in a hurry to lose. You didn't gain all that weight in a day. Lose slowly. That way you can remain healthy and avoid things like stretch marks.

It is hard to squeeze in a workout with the baby. Maybe you can try one of the YouTube videos with Leslie Sansone(walk at home) or Jillian Micheals (30 day shred is popular) and workout at home when the baby is napping. Wait until you have stabilised your diet before adding rigorous workouts though. Don't shock your body too much. You've had a baby not long ago, so take it slow.

You are doing so good! I'm proud of you. You are overcoming an ED to stay healthy. It's tougher than what I'm doing for sure. You will be amazed at what our bodies are capable of. Keep taking baby steps.

2 people like this.
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

anna,

I want to write more..it is kind of late..will write tomorrow.. do leslie. first reduce a little more weight before attempting jillian..she is a hard task master and your knees will not forgive if you if you end up with some injury.

Eat right and excercise well..increase your functional fitness, regular fitness levels before attempting vigorous exercises...

2 people like this.
  10. annabunny

annabunny Silver IL'ite

aww thank you Laks! Virtual hug to you. Wow I am watching Leslie's video now. What a great concept. Why did I never come across this before! I am going grocery shopping today and Greek Yog is on my list.

Hello Shanvy! You are correct. I actually started doing the 30DS 3 months after I delivered and although I did lose 10 kgs I had terrible knee and ankle pain, so much so I couldnt even walk up and down stairs so I had to stop doing it. Leslie Sanson videos are great and I am going to do one day.

So a quick update- I actually weighed myself on the bodyfat analyser machines yesterday and as of today I am 105 kgs BUT it says I am 5 feet 5.5' !! I measured 5feet 7 when I went for my army exam in 2010. LOL. looks like along with putting on weight I have shrunk as well. Is that even possible? And body fat is at 40% . :'(

I walked for 2 miles yesterday. I wanted to take the bus to and fro but the weather was great so I decided to walk and I came back drenched in sweat. Along the way I saw 50 year old fit ladies going for their evening run. I was so ashamed. These are ladies the age of my mother, half my size and had 10 times my fitness level. So I came home and skipped my dinner. Feel a little better about myself now.