1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Eating coconut for a Healthy & Fairer skin...I DID IT!!! :)

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by Kavya27, May 20, 2010.

1. Kavya27

Kavya27 New IL'ite

Hi Dears,

Last month., I was talking to my Granny who is in India. She was telling about the Modern girls and how much have they forbidden old time practices... She was telling over the way they have ditched coconut oil and the way they purchase palm oil (OMG., may be itz cheap) and sunflower oil to reduce cholesterol content in the body. U know what? 1). Sunflower oil doesnt reduce fat in the body 2). Palm oil can be the one that can do the worst to ur heart and health. 3). Any oil will have a lil fat and thatz why itz called oil... else, it would be called soil or spoil.. LOL 4). Eating completely fat-less oil., is what that would result in Joint-pains (Afterall the muscle joints need some elasticity and it becomes elastic only over the fats we intake) 4). The growers of Sunflower seeds and the far-east Asian countries (Islands)., who had to somehow export their palm oil and make money., have made rumors about the lesser fatty coconut oil..
    5). Now the true fact as got from my Granny.. Eating coconut raw or as cooked., boosts the health of the skin ?! (I cant believe that jus like that.. hence did a research over net and other "Natural Medicine (Naatu Marundhu)" articles that were lying at our home.. Coconuts are the "BEST" source of Anti-oxidants..I never knew till den! Ditch all ur strawberries, Acai berries and beets... Eat coconuts.. Add it in all ur dishes at the utmost level possible... U dont put on an inch of weight for sure because of coconuts.I Guarantee it after a month of coconut intake everyday!. AfterAll Keralite girls are slim and sleek., They too eat coconut in one way or the other every day!!! I'm sticking onto coconuts in all ways possible these days... After eating raw coconut piece everyday in empty stomach., My skin is healthier now... It definitely shines and has become a little fairer!!! We never give importance to anything that comes cheap... Atleast with me., itz not going t be so., from now on!!! Jus sharing dears... Try it out and post in... Letz make the world a lil more natural!!! :)

Last edited: May 20, 2010
    6 people like this.

2. Vani09

Vani09 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Kavya for ur info..:thumbsup,i always used to avoid coconuts... but now will try to include....., thanks for sharing.

3. Vrindavipul

Vrindavipul Bronze IL'ite

I think it is true to some extnet. It is said that if a pregnant lady wants her child to be fair complexioned she should eat coconut everyday.

4. Geetha007

Geetha007 Junior IL'ite

Interesting and useful to know.

5. rajinitk4

rajinitk4 IL Hall of Fame

Wow interesting and useful information. Thanks for sharing

6. rajmyt

rajmyt Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Kavya for the information. even i was grown up with the coconut in our daily usage. after some years since all our elders got diabetics, people said coconut intake is the main reason.slowly the usage has reduced..i think i should revive my usage of coconut .......

7. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

As your granny said there are lot more health benefits. Yeah we need to resort to natural way. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Chewing raw coconut pieces cleanse the teeth.

Yeah oil is required everyday to lubricate the joints. anything taken overdose will give more negative results than its positive benefits. So usage should be moderate.

There are many keralities who are dark in colour. Colour of the skin is because of pigmentation in the skin. eating coconuts helps you build a healthy skin i.e. makes the skin glow whether dark or light.

1 person likes this.
  8. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Kavya,Thank you for your insights on the benefits of coconut. I am a great fan of coconut oil and coconut.In fact i grew up in a household that used only coconut oil for everything.I remember my granny`s and grandaunts` skin tone-wow!so clear and they had good hair too.This article has made my belief stronger.