1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Eat, Drink and Evolve

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Aug 22, 2012.

1. deepanivashini

deepanivashini New IL'ite

:exactly::exactly::exactly:I had almost experienced such situations..........

Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. skmeera

skmeera Silver IL'ite

That was a good read satchi. Nice reading your adventures with non - veg tasting." drinks" was the highlight.

when I came to US a few years back , my friend here took me to a Korean bakery where they lay out a lot of samples..Taste and buy . Had a nice time tasting them , until I tasted a roll that had red meat . But after putting it in my mouth , one bite I knew something was wrong and my mil just in time said it . Then do what ? swallow ,that was easier enough for me rather than searching a bin .I do cook non-veg so I guess it wasn't a big deal.That was the start and have had quite a few experiences with tasting different varieties .

It is not only the vegetarians who feel yucky , even the non- veggies do have reservations . It is not the taste alone that matters , or any religious reason.Maybe it has to do with the upbringing , the mindset or is it right to say our culture??? not really sure ,maybe one or many .Here I do see Indians who reach out to prawns but are quite hesitant to lobster and the like.
    Another interesting thing I heard from my friend - not really sure.For Bengali's fish is something that is auspicious.Even the pujaris and the like eat fish? It is mostly served in marriages ? Sorry if I am wrong - do correct me if so readers.

1 person likes this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa,

4. satchitananda

Yes Sapthu. Thanks for coming. :-D

5. satchitananda

Hi Deepa,

There is a certain comfort in numbers isn't it? Nice to know we are not alone. :)

6. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear satchi
    This post reminds me of a party at HM.. there they were serving veggie food thats what they said and then it was time for starters they were serving paneer tikka etc I was in two minds to eat then one person gave me one piece saying it was veg one but some how my quick nose sensed it wasnt so i just held it my hand till i got time to dispose of in the bin.. Later at home I told my Dh here they make smelly tikkas though they make tasty rasgullas hearing this he let out such a guffaw that I felt like a silly person later came to know for non veg people they had made it ....

1 person likes this.
  7. satchitananda

I must commend your sharp nose VJ. I wish I could make out so easily. Unfortunately like I had once written before, my nose is one set of lazy bones and does not do anything besides sitting on my face.

It is rather unfair to announce a veggie party and then pass round non-veg stuff without informing everyone what it is that they are passing round. I think it is best to avoid all starters as a policy, so there is no scope for confusion, misinformation etc.

8. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi
    Exactly....

1 person likes this.