1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Eat Apples to Prevent Memory Loss

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by gamarnani, Feb 24, 2010.

1. gamarnani

gamarnani New IL'ite

Eat Apples to Prevent Memory Loss
    New Study Finds Consuming Apple Juice Associated With Brain Health

[​IMG]"An apple a day" now has new meaning for those who want to maintain mental dexterity as they age.New research from the University of Massachusetts Lowell suggests that eating and drinking apples and apple juice, in conjunction with a balanced diet,can protect the brain from the effects of oxidative stress that contributes to age-related memory loss.The study was published in the latest issue of the Journal of Alzheimer's Disease.

The researchers evaluated adult and aged mice using a standard diet,a nutrient-deficient diet,and a nutrient-deficient diet supplemented with apple juice concentrate in drinking water.Supplementation by apple juice fully protected the aged mice from the oxidative stress caused by the nutrient-deficient diet. In addition,stronger mental acuity resulted when the aged mice consumed the human equivalent of 2-3 cups of apple juice or approximately 2-4 apples per day.

WHOLE-BODY HEALTH BENEFITS

Apart from being brain healthy,apples are a delicious source of dietary fiber,which helps aid digestion and promotes weight loss.Apples have high nutrient content compared to the calorie per serving,promote health, protect against diseases and improve daily functioning.

Lower blood cholesterol, improved bowel function,reduced risk of stroke,prostate cancer,type II diabetes and asthma. The disease-fighting profile of apples provides a multitude of health benefits, including a potential decreased risk of cancer and heart disease.Several recent studies suggest apples may provide a "whole-body" health benefit.

Out of 7,500 varieties of apple grown worldwide,the best are planted in the commercial orchards of Washington State.Some of the popular variants of Washington Apples which are now available in India are juicy Red Delicious, mildly sweet Golden Delicious,green and juicy Granny Smith to name a few.

2. winnny

winnny New IL'ite

wow...wonderful info.also you can use apple to keep you awake.one apple contains more caffeine than a cup of coffee!

3. kayleeabc

kayleeabc New IL'ite

wow…………your post is informative. i like eating apples and often go to the fruit grocery to buy many and keep them in my refrigerator. but i do not know so many benefits of the apple. thank you for your post. it reminds me of an old saying "an apple a day ,keeps the illness away". :)

Last edited: May 14, 2010