Easy Vegeterian friday for hosting dinner party for a newly wed couples

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by siababa, Sep 30, 2009.

1. siababa

siababa New IL'ite

Hi,

Group of friends here are planning to host a get-to-gether dinner party for a newly wed couple in our group. I really don't know what to prepare, i checked chitivish mam's recipies and i coul'nt come to a conclussion.

My friends are preparing the following items and hence can anybody suggest me some easy and tasty vegeterian recipie for the dinner.... (for around 25 people)

1) veg pulao and raitha
    2)dessert ( i don't know what desert she is going to prepare)
    3) paneer curry
    4)cake

My other friends are planning to prepare and bring all the above mentioned items. I don't want to take curd rice for the party :bonkPlease pour me some nice ideas and i hope all of you here won't let me down.

IMPORTANT: THE PARTY HAS BEEN PLANNED FOR THIS FRIDAY 2nd OCT 2009, 7.30PM.......

2. nehajagadeesh

nehajagadeesh Senior IL'ite

Hi sai ,
    don't panic :spindear.. i know how difficult its to choose the recipe for the party other than orgnaising it .

well i suggest you to prepare a starter:idea ........ coz i don't see any starter in ur dinner plan.

so why dont you try some deep fried snacks as ( bajji's for example .... its easy and can make for 25 or more people )

chitra mam's recipes in- Deep Fried Snacks or Shallow Fried Snacks
    you get an idea. try and reply how your dish in the party was ???

3. pav_3

pav_3 Senior IL'ite

Hi sai,

As neha mentioned you can prepare an appetizer for the dinner.My suggestions are cutlet,pakoras,bhajji's,gobi manchurian or samosas. since there is only one kind of rice variety and a gravy you may also consider making parathas or rotis or pooris and ask some other friend to cook a gravy to go with it.Have a great time with your friends and dont forget to come here and tell us about the party menu:)

pavi

4. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Naan is very easy to make (if you have maida and yeast). There is a very good video on making naan by Manjula on youtube. That would go with all the items you mentioned above.

If you want something easier, you can try cauliflower pakora with ketchup. I took it for a christmas get together in my neighbourhood and my american neighbours loved it(going by how fast it got consumed).

5. siababa

siababa New IL'ite

Hi All,

I personally thank all of you for your wonderful suggestion. I had a plan to take starters intially, but just thought of making something different, anyway i have now decided to take some starters.

I cannot make naan, poori or chappatis, coz i got to roll and roast them all by myself and it's for a minimum of 25 peoples which means i got to prepare atleast 2 for each of us, I believe it's kind of time consuming and involves lot of work like rolling, frying, etc.

I don't mind making some one pot rice varities or desert in large quantity, coz i'm good at it:thumbsuphowever whenever we host a party i always end up with the left out menus and my friends never ask me what i'm planning to bring from my side :rotfl

May be they took me for granted, as i'm /i believe i'm a decent cook :coffee anyways now i have no confusions and i'm planning to take some nice tasty starter (ofcourse from chitra mam's recipie index) and will surely let you guys know how the party turned out and what dish i prepared.

Once again thanks a ton for your wonderful suggestions.