Earth Hour

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Abu Dhabi' started by Richa_05, Mar 24, 2009.

1. rupashruti

rupashruti Senior IL'ite

hey rich dear
    i agree with you in regards to your earth hour post , i will also join you in this as atleast we cant do something big but atleast can switch off the applicances for an hour
    take care
    regards

rupa

2. Richa_05

Richa_05 Senior IL'ite

Yeah! Rupa, it's very important that we give some thought to making a better world for our children and all of us. Thank you for your fb.

3. Zeenat

Zeenat Silver IL'ite

hey thanks richa for sharing such a useful infromation.

4. roopanair123

roopanair123 Gold IL'ite

hi

we participated in the Earth Hour and lights were turned off from 8.30 pm to 9.30 pm and it seems mother nature was so thrilled that she poured a heavy shower yday night as blessing !!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  5. marina20

marina20 Bronze IL'ite

Hi...

We too participated in the Earth Hour and switched off the lights for one hour....but when i saw outside i could not see much diffrence between the Earth hours and other hours..seems less people were aware this time...anyhow i feel the abudhabi ilites must have participated and this too will make some difference.

6. marina20

marina20 Bronze IL'ite

Hi...

We too participated in the Earth Hour and switched off the lights for one hour....but when i saw outside i could not see much diffrence between the Earth hours and other hours..seems less people were aware this time...anyhow i feel the abudhabi ilites must have participated and this too will make some difference.

7. Arabudupi

Arabudupi Bronze IL'ite

We were out of the house too.. attended a music concert and later went on a drive in the rain during the Earth hour. Like marina said, I too couldnt find any difference, may be people were not aware or they didnt bother about the Earth hour..But whatever little we did, i'm sure would make some difference.

8. Richa_05

Richa_05 Senior IL'ite

Very true, gals! We switched off our lights and A/c and all from 2030 hrs until 2130 hrs. but as rightly mentioned by you all, hardly anybody( in abu dhabi, perhaps) in our street did so as we looked out of our window, the lights were glowing into the night from most of the apartments.

I was very proud of my son cause he let go of his fav TV programme which is telecast from 2030 - 2130 every Saturday. And when he woke up today morning, he was relieved that the 'Earth hour' is finally over. :)

But we should be all proud that we did our bit for our planet Earth. Jai Ho!!!