1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Early Menopause

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by Devika Menon, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Hi,

This is surely a subject we all have to deal with sooner or later ,and by the way life style is changing it is more likely to be sooner than later.Menopause was something women dealt with at the age of 55+ about a decade ago, but now I am absolutely appalled to see that women as young as 29/30 are showing symptoms of menopause. Even a close friend of mine is already expereincing the first signs of menopause like hot flushes,etc. and she is just 32. She was absolutely shocked to hear this from her gynaec and infact toook a second opinion of another doctor who seconded the first ones verdict.She, being a career woman had thought of marrying late and having kids.
    Doctors say its the life style and stress but then our parents and grandparents too underwent stress. I also wonder why there are so many fertility problems with women these days. I thought this space would help us in to deal with menopause since most are unprepared for it and hence find it extrremely difficult to deal with it.

Devika Menon

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear devika,
    though we had a round on this subject, i would still say that all u said is true and it is more because woman have joined work outside their homes, air pollution, water, food, pesticides, added to fertilizers and anything from stress and husband's stress and so on, it is too elaborate but all that you have said is true, so none can make the change, as career takes the first place then marriage and then comes childbirth. reality hits only then when it is too late..all the best...sunkan

3. nirmala1709

nirmala1709 New IL'ite

Hi there

I think menopause is something to do with heriditary too. I know one of my friend, her sister and her mother all went to into menopause at the age of 38. It is healthy for a woman if the menopause starts after or around 50. That is what my doctor says. As you all said, eating habits, lifestyle, etc also play important role. So young ladies out there. Do not get stressed out and learn to relax and eat healthy food. All the best from Nirmala.

4. padmapriya

padmapriya New IL'ite

Dear Devika,
    Life style of mordern women lead to this problem in avery early age.
    our healthy food habits and our daily routines have also changed people have no time to look after thier health.
    Iam a siddha doctor my advice is women should take some utrine strenthening herb as soon as they find problem in thier menstrual cycle this we help a lot avoiding serious problem eg stavari ,asohka are good utrine tonics
    Also we should do stretching excersices ,yoga or atleast walking for 20 min daily
    Should take oilbaths twice a week it rlives stress and helps to relax our stiffend muscles
    develop a hobby and do help others the feeling that someone is happy because of you makes a big impact in your mind and it make you healhy
    Regards,
    Priya

5. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

I have been informed about this early menopause by my gynec when I referred one of my clients with problems in period. She briefed me about all that and told me that it is something of a really alarming thing that many youngsters dont take seriously. Especially career women and women who take tablets to postpone their periods at the first instance are at the great risk.

If not already but atleast now it is better to change the daily routine and schedule and destress yourself and indulge yourself in something better. As PadmaPriya have said every one of us should get into some hobby or the other which will help us to make a healthy and happy living.

6. Devika Menon

Devika Menon Gold IL'ite

Dear Sunkan,Padma Priya, Rajmiarun and Nirmala,

Thank you so much for your valuable inputs. The one factor that we all unanimously agreed on is reduction of Stress through various methods and of course exercise and healthy food habits. I'm sure all who read will definitely benefit from your views.

God Bless,

Devika