1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

early days of married life

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by devikanthi, Apr 13, 2007.

1. geeta79

geeta79 Bronze IL'ite

Hi IL ites,

Nice thread to reminisce our early days of married life.....though not for me, since i have been married recently for 6 months. But yes we all have our stories, so here's mine.

My In-laws had moved into our new flat only a week before our marriage. Fortunately i was in charge of our flat wen it was getting ready. So i had already made arrangements for a maid from the day wen my in-laws would shift into the new flat. But unfortunately i forgot that it was diwali time and that the house would be in a mess after all the funiture and other work in the house is finished. Diwali was after a few days of our marriage. So i told my maid to help me in cleaning the house for diwali. But to my bad luck, she had already booked herself for others and she didnt have any time to help me. So i asked her to arrange for someone else, and here also to my bad luck she couldnt get anyone at such short notice, and since diwali was only after 2 days, we couldnt afford to wait for some other maid. So i and my hubby decided to do the cleaning by ourselves. As my in-laws are a bit aged, i coudnt rely on them for their help. So i and my hubby started cleaning the home. Being a new member of the family, and newly wedded bride, i was feeling very awkward and especially bad that i had to clean the home during the initial days of our marriage. With the smell of mehendi still on my hands, i was feeling a bit low to clean all the dirt with my mehendi smelled hands. But anyways i took it in stride thinking that after all its MY own home and did all the cleaning. Thanks to my hubby who helped me a lot with it. It was really funny as well as a tragic beginning of my newly married life...................

Regards,
    Geeta.

1 person likes this.
  2. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear Friends, Interesting experiences. I would also like to share mine. After my marriage we went to my in-laws place in chennai and we were there. All the relatives left in two days and my co-sister was there with her child. As her husband was in Bangalore, everyone suggested that she can go with her husband and stay for sometime until we both were there. I started my cooking expedition. Our way of cooking was entirely different from that of my in-laws and my husband helped me in cooking daily. One day my m-in-law asked me to make Ulundhu vadai. I soaked Urad dhal and made batter and started preparing Ulundhu vadai. I couldn't make the hole in the vadai. My husband was telling that Ulundhu vada should have a hole in between. He told that to my m-in-law and that I couldn't make ulundhu vada with hole. All were teasing me and told that it is not vada if it is without hole. It is Bonda. My husband kept on teasing me that I made vada without hole. It was real fun. Later I learnt to make vadas with hole and my husband likes my vadas very much now.

Kind regards, sujatha

4 people like this.
  3. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

Bringing this thread from the dead. So cute and interesting!!

( I truly am trying to kill time, it doesn't die Computer Typing :boo: !!! )

1 person likes this.
  4. dsmenon

dsmenon Gold IL'ite

i wish there were more stories/experiences..

1 person likes this.
  5. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

Be the change you want to see in this world - Mohandas Gandhi

( I know totally inappropriate for the thread, but hey.....maybe you have something to share ideasmiley )