1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ear piercing for 4 months old baby in USA

Discussion in 'Infants' started by nirupama126, Feb 8, 2008.

1. nirupama126

nirupama126 New IL'ite

Hi! all,

My baby is 4 months old and was thinking of ear piercing here in US as Iwill not be travelling to India till next year. I had consulted a paed here who said that they dont pierce ears till the baby is 5 months old. But piercing at 5 months will be more painful for the baby as they say back home in India that sooner u pierce the ears the better.

I appreciate your suggestions on where can I get the ear pierced and procedure of ear piercing and any info.

Nirupama.

2. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HI,
    Here usually doctors won't do it at early age.
    My co-sis got it for her daughter at walmart. I think you may need to pay some fee.

~Punitha

3. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Hi Nirupama

My 2cents

Your baby is 4 months right n ur ped said u can pierce after 5 months. Just one month, right. It won't make much difference.

Mine is 9 months & I am planning only by 12 months. As far as I know they will cry whenever we do this. Don't worry, just be patience for 1 month. Things will go very smooth.

This is just my thoughts. Hope u get some reply from some one who have experience.

Dhivya

4. rama_mani

rama_mani Silver IL'ite

Hi Nirupama,

Usually in India we do it after one year. You discuss with your family members is it ok to do after one year. otherwise do it after 5 month.

Ramamani

5. honeyj

honeyj Senior IL'ite

hello

my daughter got ear pierced in 7 months ,Dallas Texas. she was fine.and they gave some liquid lotion for ears.As soon as we got ear pierced want to show to the doctor and doctor said she is fine no infection nothing.

but my suggestion take care of your baby after she get ear pierced atleast 3 to 5 days. And always ask your mom .

You can go to Claries Shop.or check this website.
    .claire's — your earrings headquarters

i hope this will help you.

thanks

6. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Dear Nirupama

In our custom(Keralite),we usually pierce the ears on the 28th day after birth.In Tamilnadu,they do around the age of 1.So,it differs with each and every state and culture.Whether you pierce on the 28th day or on the 365th day,it is going to pain and the baby is surely going to cry for a few moments.Then,he/she will be alright.So,if you can wait ,then wait and do it.

7. nirupama126

nirupama126 New IL'ite

Hi! Punitha,Dhivya,Ramamani and Sunitha,

Thanks for ur replies. I agree with you all that it will be painful at anystage you go for piercing. But I wanted info as to where ear piercing are done other than paed. And how much they charge and do they take all the precautionary measures.

Thanks
    Nirupama

8. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi Nirupama,
    Do you know CLAIRE`S fashion accessories shop?
    I think every mall in US got one. They do ear piercing.
    My daughter got ear pierced at 9th month in India.
    In jewellery shop they did it with piercing gun. It was
    done in a wink of an eye. My daughter cried that time,
    but afterwards there was not any wound or bleeding.

9. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Ear piercing in USA

Hi, I am reviving this thread because we are thinking of piercing Riya's ears soon, maybe this weekend. Our pedi said she doesn't do it but recommended a place in the local mall called Piercing Pagoda.

Anyway, what I want to know is should I give her baby tylenol before we go? As much as I want to get her ears pierced I don't want her to hurt too much after. Any advice to take care of her ears after the piercing would be welcome, too.

10. dallascw

dallascw Senior IL'ite

Claires is good.. they use a special 14K gold earring for the first piercing so that it does not get infected and send u home with some cleaning alcohol as well. Tylonol before the piercing will help with the pain but it is actually not that painful and they do it pretty quick. I got mine done and my friend got her daughters ears pierced there when she was 8 months.