Discussion in 'Travel' started by chinni3367, Dec 9, 2007.
How does the E.ticket works? What do they do while check-in?
E-Tickets of train or air??
In India, pls see below "how E-Ticket works ?'"
1. Using internet connection, you visit the particular airlines site or railways site" irctc.co.in""airdeccan.net"
2. Create a login account mentioning the desired essential details. Then Go to "Book ticket" option/Menu.
3. yu will be required to prvide travel details like date, flight/train no, email id, phone no, ID card details of one person who is booking(A copy of the ID has to be carried during travel for verification), passenger details like name and address.
4. Payment is made through credit card #, direct debit from bank account mentioned for the amount + service tax.
5. You get a PNR# on confirmation and option to print the ticket.If your pc is connected to a printer (Direct/LAN), you can immediately print the ticket.
You can print this later also by noting the pNR#, passenger name, date.
6. for train travel, you need to have a printed copy of the ticket as stations do not offer printing service based on PNR#s.
7. for flight, you can get it printed at the entrance of the airport respective airline counters. Need to mention PNR#.
8. In train, during travel, TTR usually asks for the ID and checks it against the printed ticket.
9. In airport, before checkin, check-in counters ask for the ID and ticket to issue the boarding pass.
10. Pls use photo IS like driving license, voter's ID, ration ID. Don't give credit card, PAN card, debit card info though they are acceptable. As chances of misuse are possible.
Happy e-ticketing.. This makes the booking very comfortable and saves money on conveyance and time.
I want info of E-ticket of plane. We bought E tickets for my mom and send the aemail confirmation to mom. She is planning to come on dec 28th ( Air india , Hyd to chicago). I am wondering whether its safe to travel with E ticket without any issues? Do they give bording pass while check in on 28th? how it works?