1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dyslexia in Kids

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by padmavathi m, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi all,

I would like to tell, all learning disablites are not to be put under dyslexia.
    There is there are things..like keerthi's dysgraphia..where her writing is a problem..which can be corrected in the intial stages...

taare zameen ishan is dyslexic. there are other categories...again autism is different.

that is why i had to have a different thread, about special children...each child is special, and when it comes to special children each problem is unique and special... let us not generalise everything with dyslexia....

hope i am not hurting anybody....

2. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear Padma and Shanvy,

Happy to know about Krithi. Thank you very much for the infomation. Till date, I have no idea about the different categories of dyslexia as I haven't crossed any kid with that problem. (I got to see the other thread after posting my first comment to this thread ). So, my concern was only to know about Krithi and soothe Padma. Sorry for the generalisation.

Love,
    Oviya.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  3. padmavathi m

padmavathi m Silver IL'ite

hey come on oviya,

nothing to ask for sorry.................. with the little knowledge of dyslexia i too thought every dyslexic child is the same............. but with experiences through the special education course, krithi's problems, i gained some knowledge about dyslexia..........
    if you want to know more about dyslexia and other learning disabilities you can visit these sites.
    GreatSchools.net
    LD OnLine

cheers,
    love
    padma

4. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Took a note of the sites, Padma, thank you....

5. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Took a note of the sites, Padma, thank you....

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Oviya,

No need to be sorry. It is just that there are lot of problems each has to be identified.

My son had problem writing..his memory is outstanding. he has a above average IQ. so what was the problem..he was born leftist. my very orthodox family forced him to change to right...his motor skills took a long time to adjust..he still has a confusion...so we gave him time to adjust, and understood the problem......each child is special....he is now 9+. he plays cricket.

I had a friend who would forget what was taught in class once the class was over. her handwriting, creative writing and other things were so good...her problem was memory retention..

sorry to get carried away....just go through the websites,padma has mentioned....

7. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Shanvy,

That's ok...It is a must know thing. Thanks for giving some more info, too....