1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

DW's father visiting daily

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Dadofk, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Dadofk

Dadofk New IL'ite

DW and I had a kid a few months ago. We have moved to a flat close to my in-laws since we need their help.

Presently, wife is on leave from work. We visit our in-laws everyday since we just moved in and are yet to settle down in new place. However, when I am at work, I find that my FIL is visiting our flat everyday to "care for the kid". I like my privacy and would prefer my wife to be alone at my flat when I am at work. Anyhow, she is about to resume work and kid will be with grandparents soon for most of the time, so I don't understand why FIL is visiting daily.

My preference is for my ILs to leave us alone in our house, as I value my privacy. I would like DW to manage kid alone for a few hours everyday until she resumes work. Or should I "adjust" (and have FIL all over my flat and destroy my privacy)?

I am paranoid about privacy because FIL will just come everyday and leave stuff and return to take them as and when he pleases. DW did not inform me that FIL will visit everyday.

2. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

Wow! He visits when you are not there and still violates your privacy?
    But you do need them to care for your child when your DW starts working, huh??
    So what happens to THEIR privacy when you leave YOUR most precious "stuff" - i.e your child with them and return to get him/her back as when you are free?

What would have been your reaction if had it been your father instead of her father.

3. Sneheth

Sneheth Bronze IL'ite

What's making you feel insecure abt FIL visit.Old people are very close to kids so may be he wants to be with your kid. It's good that he comes daily.Why can't you see the attention he is paying to you all.If you don't like then ignore them and just be the way you like.Just be patient till your wife gets job thereafter everything will settle down else there will be fights and misunderstandings between u and ur wife.

3 people like this.
  4. sweetypi

sweetypi Platinum IL'ite

Let's see ... you want your wife to be alone at home and manage a baby by herself, does she get enough time to rest, eat, shower, etc in that case ?
    What kind of stuff does FIL leave behind ?
    Grandparents' homes are not the same as daycare centers where there may not be much emotional attachment. Since you prefer to eat your cake and have it too, better look for a creche and NOT exploit the sentiments of grandparents when it suits you.

16 people like this.
  5. droplet

droplet Silver IL'ite

1. your wife will rejoin work soon,and your inlaws are going to take care of your child, so it is important that your child get used with your in laws.
    2. How do you miss your privacy when you are not at home ??
    3. Think about the women who live with inlaws after marriage, don't they have privacy?
    4. he cannot keep his "stuff" at your home, but your want your "stuff" to be taken care well.
    5. Will you feel the same if this is your father?
    6. How can your expect your wife to manage everything alone, since the child is yours too, you too can take off from work and take care of child and home. Thus the PRIVACY is all yours.
    7. Why are you so particular that your wife should inform you, she has every right to invite her father home.

17 people like this.
  6. gauridinesh

gauridinesh Platinum IL'ite

I did not even want to acknowledge you by replying to this post.But I could not help myself. But boy!you REALLY ARE an MCP (google it if you dont know what it means).
    Instead of being happy taht your "D"W is getting help from her father, here you are cribbing about it - and that too when he visits when you are not there? Heights!!!!

15 people like this.
  7. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Flash news!!! Remember why you moved close to them in the first place, if you are so hell bent on privacy.. Why move here.. Why not be a lardlabakdas and have your wife or nanny take care of your offspring... Geez...

14 people like this.
  8. aamrapali

aamrapali Gold IL'ite

Over 90% of women in India live in cramped conditions with disrespecting obnoxious families of their husbands and THIS is your problem?

9 people like this.
  9. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

hahaha.. i really enjoyed reading all the replies.
    i dont see where the OP's privacy is is invaded on his post. but i sensed he is not referring to his privacy but to EGO. he doesnt want any man to come to his home when he is not there. even his FIL.

15 people like this.
  10. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite

Good reply...

2 people like this.