1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Dust Alergy

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by aniashok, Apr 23, 2009.

1. aniashok

aniashok New IL'ite

Hi,

My husband has severe alergy to dust. He is taking yunani medicine for that. But we dont see much improvement in that. Is there any other remedy or way to deal with it?

Regards
    Ani

2. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

Hi mate,

Even i do have dust allergy. Its better to go for English medicine. It works well for me... Ash him to wear an ear muff whenever he goes out. That should be fine in preventing allergy. If he feels uncomfortable to wear that, as him to tie a handcuff at least to cover his nose. :cheers

3. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi Ani

Allergies are tough to cure totally.
    Although Allopathy medicines seem to give relief, they dont cure it.

Alternative medicines...the treatment process would look like longterm but it does not harm your body like the steroids which are used in nasal sprays and puffs to relax the clogged airway.

At home take care that you remove all the heavy drapes/soft toys/carpets which are dust traps. Now anti dustmite pillows/mattress are available try them clean the house...do it by wet cleaning like mopping etc since it is better than vacuuming/dusting which spreads the dust only. when you vacuum the house ask your hubby to go out and come back after 2 hours. As for the dust outside, wearing mask will help.

Exercise regularly and breathing exercises like pranayama will help expanding the lungs and airways. At first it will be tough but will get easier by practice. For nasal blocks...you can inhale the steam (with Nochi leaves and turmeric put in boiled water and inhale it) it will relieve the blocked nose due to post nasal drip in allergies.

The above are tested by me personally as I do have dustmite allergy and I have learnt to live with it!

4. aniashok

aniashok New IL'ite

hi Abi & Marun,

Thanks for ur reply. Let me keep home out of dust from my side and let him be away from dust when he goes out from his side.

Regards
    Ani

5. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

My mom had terrible breathing and allergy problems so I have seen all products tested by her. Here are things that work:

Don't have wall to wall carpet...carpet should be short pile and vacuumed regularly. A central vacuum system is safe as the canister can be outside in a covered area or in the basement etc. Vacuum the mattresses regularly. Hard surface floors that can be damp mopped are best.

Don't use cleaners with heavy scents or high chemical contents. Now the new environmentally friendly types preferrable unscented.

Use an air cleaner machine in the house and especially in the bedroom. Ones with HEPA filtration are the best.

Use of jala neti by your husband before bed and in the morning would be very helpful.

Try to monitor humidity in the home. If it is too low you can use a humidifier.

6. bars62

bars62 Senior IL'ite

hello friends,

i am a new member to this site.
    i happened to see about your dust allergy problem.

the basic problem of dust allergy is due to dryness in the nose and low immunity.

i have remedy for this.

1. you can wet your handkerchief and keep it on nose.
    2. Take steam inhalation everyday as heat always controls dryness.
    while doing steam inhalation,preferably use plain water without adding any medicine to that.

3. i giving below some pressure points to be pressed everyday to get immunity.

accupressure has got solution to almost every illness.

Step 1 of 4 [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Step 2 of 4
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Step 3 of 4
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Step 4 of 4
    [​IMG]

u just give on off pressure using your thumb and dont do any rotation as shown in the figure which however should be done by trained ppl only.

best wishes
    Dr.Bharathy M.D. (Acu)

Last edited: May 26, 2009