1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

During Lockdown

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jun 13, 2020.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Earlier I used to feel young but now since few days I feel I have become old but I am young at heart

Everyone says dont go out but sometimes I have to go. In building there are volunteers to help but the are busy with office work. No doubt they help.To bank I have to go that time I buy whatever needed.Due to age I forget.

In between the rubber of both my cooker went off. Told some friends who were going out but shops were closed. One day when I went the shop was open and I could buy.

Then the small jar of mixer got spoilt. The shopkeeper had told you phone me I will come.i phoned him and he came. He got some customers because of me

Then the kitchen sink got choked. Luckily got a plumber and got it done

Lockdown is difficult for senior people. Vinay helps but police is very strict in their place. He is also busy with office work and home work. I know youngsters are suffering more as they have to work from home and there is no timing for them.also help in house work as there are no maids.

So praying to God for normalcy

2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Hi vijima,

Stay safe and take care.This is a difficult time especially emotionally.Everyobe is down with their spirits.

I am a homemaker but this feels like a house arrest.Everyone feels suffocated and needs a change.

It will take time but it will all be over.

Right now..indulge in things which are in your control and keep emotionally relaxed.Watch good movies,listen to spiritual,philosophical talks like sadguru,Eat well and healthy and try to go for early morning walks.

Totally understand how you feel but we can win over this.Take care

3. sociallifein30s

sociallifein30s Gold IL'ite

every thing you said is so true. In our house, in the middle of may, the ac was down. Grinder under repair, cooker gasket went loose. Microwave spoilt. Dont know if repairs happen so often in our house, but looks like everything is under repair.
    I also wfh and live with parents, so I dont have cook. But the dishes and house sweeping and mopping is so difficult. Suddenly the work hours got so long. Everything hurts by evening, head, back, neck, eyes, literally everything.
    Parents want to go out themselves. Unable to hold them from going out.
    Its difficult definitely.

4. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

Totally agree with you on this Vijima, lockdown has been an inconvenience for everyone. Other than the fact that people have actively got into gardening and begun to respect nature, it has become a headache for people. No schools, outdoor activities, impending recession. Poor especially are suffering.

Thyagarajan, iyerviji and anika987 like this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for your lovely feedback
    I am following what you have written

anika987 likes this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

True dear. We are facing difficult times.Hope normalcy comes soon

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Yes dear hope normalcy comes soon

8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:@iyerviji
    All seniors in India suffer I need the same manner as you had narrated. Only difference is few of us are staying in an independent building.

2. We too had many problems like plumbing, cooker gasket leaking, buying vegetables, washing clothes and cooking utensils etc.

3. Though we share all the burden yet it is too much. At the end of the day our sleep gets disturbed with pain ache etc but at times there’s is depth in sleep.

4. Everyone longs to go out mingle with friends and relatives but it is dangerous.
    5. Risk in chennai and other metros have gone spiked up with relaxation in lockdown.
    Stay home stay safe.
    Thanks and Regards.

iyerviji and anika987 like this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for your lovely feedback. Ya everyone is having problems. Hope normalcy will come back soon

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:@ thank you for your appreciation of my response.
    2. After easing and relaxing lockout in few pockets, the figures of affected and allied statistics turned alarmistic and Fullfledged lockout is going to be enforced upon Tamilnadu.
    3. The trend in China reversed in Beijing and reported thousands of their citizens affected since yesterday with COVID.
    4. Use of Face mask emphasised but public not cooperating.
    5. Vaccines readied rare to be conducted in a few days.
    Regards.
    God Bless.