due date and delivery

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by lavii, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Manaswini08

Manaswini08 Bronze IL'ite

Just my personal opinion, but I would suggest you to keep working till ur due date. As long as you have no other medical issues, this is possible. That way, you can save your time and enjoy with your baby later. Not only that, if you take leave so early, what r u planning to do...just sit at home? Working will keep you busy and active which will lead to an easier delivery.

Good luck!

2. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

Manaswini
    thanks for your inputs
    even thats true i am sure will get bored sitting at home
    as soon as i finsihed by engineering i joined this organisation
    except during my accident and my fathers demise dint sit at home for a long time
    may be once baby is there could be busy

3. RekhaViju

RekhaViju Bronze IL'ite

lavii, here also before 37 weeks is considered pre-term and will have to stay in the hospital till they complete the term and breastfeeding is established. Mine was born one week before due date. My due date was oct 19, i took leave from 5th of September and baby was born on oct 13. I was so tired towards the end that I decided to take the maternity leave earllier and also my mom came from India on 8th Sept and wanted to spend some time with her. btw, I never had nesting instincts.

4. RekhaViju

RekhaViju Bronze IL'ite

not to scare you, it was really painful, worse than I ever imagined. although people warned me, they never told me it would be so painful. main reason, i think is they all forget how painful it was once they see the little one.

Do not worry about getting pains while at work. Especially for the first one, the labour pain builds up gradually. Mine lasted three days.

5. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

RekhaViju
    thanks for the input dear
    ya if everything goes well i am planning to take off from mid june
    hoping for the best