Dubai stay

Discussion in 'Housing in Dubai' started by RisKus, Nov 12, 2008.

1. RisKus

RisKus New IL'ite

Hi ladies,

I am planning to visit Dubai next month with 2 litle kids for ab't 5 days, was trying to book the accomodation looks like it is very expensive, & since i'm vegetarian, we wish to have a kitchen or motel style stay,
    can some one suggest any hotels or how to go ab't,
    i am not sure if the online bookings are expensive or is it easy to book an accomodation after landing there, please let me know if there are any vegetarian hotels around?

Many Thanks
    Riskus

2. daffodil

daffodil Bronze IL'ite

Hi Riskus,

Welcome to IL.

The best to do is hire a hotel apartment as it usually has all the amenities i.e. fully equipped kichenette, washing machine, etc.

Even a hotel should be fine as Dubai is thrustling with (Indian)vegetarian hotels.

Below is a link which should give you an idea about different hotel apmts in Dubai at different locations, their availability & pricing as well.

Dubai Hotel Apartments - Hotel apartment in Dubai

Please ensure that you have booked the apmt before you land : either book through the net or if you have some friend/relative residing here..you could request them to book for you.

At the moment there are lot of events taking place in the Dubai emirate, so its best to book in advance, than remain stranded.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  3. RisKus

RisKus New IL'ite

Thanks daffodil,

Is there any vegetarian hotels.

Cheers
    RisKus

4. brindhaaa

brindhaaa Bronze IL'ite

Hi riskus

There are many vegetarian hotels in burdubai and karama area . In particular since i could see u r from karnataka , u could visit the below hotels .

ROYAL GARDEN in karama
    KAMAT in burdubai
    VENUS in karama
    EMIRATE HOUSE in burdubai.

Taxi drivers knows this place , so no prblem in commuting to these hotels.

Regards
    Brindha

5. RisKus

RisKus New IL'ite

Thanks Brinda.

6. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

HI...

There are lots of vegetarian hotels in Dubai ...

no worries on this issue...

7. aharia

aharia Silver IL'ite

hi riskus, uae is a nice place to visit.
    dubai - greek park
    dubai - gold soqu
    dubai - wildwadi
    dubai - malls
    abudhabi - malls
    abudhadi - open beach
    abudhabi - parks[ khalifa park]
    al ain - jebel hafeet
    alain - hot water spring
    don't miss this places to visit, nice places

8. sims

sims New IL'ite

Hi. I was looking to travel to Dubai in April. Please can someone tell me the best months to travel in terms of weather/peak season...Other months i was looking into was May, Aug,Dec.
    Also can someone tell me the reasonable priced 3/4 star hotels with package deals -flights incl,hotel & bb incl, maybe airport transfer.
    Also i need some info on places of interest not to be missed. I know about the dhow cruise n the dune bashing, gold souk. Any others of interest please let me know.
    Any info appreciated.thanks

9. malathyj

malathyj Silver IL'ite

Hi April / May climate is okay, not so bad. August is peak so it will be very hot, December is very pleasant and chill.

April / May ideally you can travel, August climate-wise it is very hot travel season is low, hence you might get cheaper flights / accommodation etc.

Accommodation - you have many hotels / apartments in Bur Dubai / Deira, like Flora Park, Flora Creek check this site, it might be helpful.

3 Star Hotels Dubai,Three Star Hotels Dubai, Ascot hotel, Gulf inn, Highland hotel, Howard johnson, Landmark plaza, orchid hotel

Flights - you can book with Emirates / Air Arabia - they also provide visas, hotels are generally with breakfast.

There are many new places now apart from dhow cruise, dune bashing, gold souk - like Atlantis Hotel, Dubai Mall, Mall of the emirates which has a ski rink (adults and children enjoy this)

Apart from this you can visit the various parks in Dubai, various other emirates, Al Ain / Abu Dhabi, Fujairah

All depends on the no. of days that you spend here.

hope the above helps.. cheers Malathy

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  10. sims

sims New IL'ite

Hi, can anyone tell me the place to stay in dubai which is ideal to all the attractions. Bur dubai, Jumeriah, etc....these are all just names to me but i want to find the most closest place, so travel to and fro is limited or at least minimal time spent.