1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

DS is having constipation need suggestions

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by ajuma, Oct 15, 2010.

1. ajuma

ajuma Senior IL'ite

Dear all,

since more than a week now, DS is having constipation. before he used to pass motion once/day. Now alternate day, some times 2 days. and motion is hard.
    his everyday food include raagi porridge with banana morning, formula milk, rice cooked with vegs and curd for lunch, formula or whole milk, 1 spoon ghee, apple or pear puree with cerelac evening time, dinner same as lunch. whole milk with 1 spoon honey before sleep.
    he is not a good eater, feeding time is always a struggle. he eats very less.
    does banana n curd causes constipation? is his food menu is ok? what food i should include to make it complete.

i want to give him some food to reduce his constipation, before it becomes worse, pls suggest.

Thank you for all suggestions in advance.

-ajuma

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

How old is your kid?

Mix heeng in water and rub that water over his stomach. it would help infants and to some extent toddlers also.

Make some rasam and mix rice in it, and mash it up to a paste and feed him.
    Give your kid, lots of water...yes at constant intervals make him drink or atleast take a sip of water...

last but not least..observe and note what all you fed him last couple of weeks before this problem has started..that way you be careful next time on.

3. ajuma

ajuma Senior IL'ite

Hi srividya,

thank you for the reply. my son is 15months old.

4. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

include more fiber in his diet .replace ragi with oatmeal.. more veggies, and lots of fluid, it could be buttermilk/water/diluted juice,soups

5. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ajuma
    The best people have said the best suggestions but still I would just add few suggestions from my side
    (1)try bicycling ur LO's legs as this would ease his discomfort - i read this in some baby website
    (2)u can try giving vegetables such as spinach,,cabbage and fruits such as peaches, prunes, and plums in her diet.
    (3)soak prunes in water for some time and then give him the juice
    (4) Also please keep consulting your PED

Hope ur LO's becomes fine soon...

6. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

swaran bicycling is for those who are not mobile...her son is 15 months old :).... yes i second the prunes, give him prunes to eat too if he has tooth n can chew he wld relish them .if its an ongoing problem for a long time, i suggest u get him diagnosed for any underlying problem

7. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

hehehe..sorry for the wrong info.. :hide:

8. neelu12

neelu12 New IL'ite

Prunes can do the trick,when my baby was 9 months old,she used to get constipated a lot,I used to give her prunes,they did the trick. Also once i took her to the doctor and my doc said she is repeatedly constipated because that time she was in transition from breast milk to formula,i think he was right cause later she was fine and she is almost one and half years old now and she doesn't seem to have that problem anymore.

thanks,
    Neelu.