1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Drug Compliance-pulmonary Tuberculosis

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by faithgrime, Jul 14, 2016.

1. faithgrime

faithgrime Senior IL'ite

My father in law was diagnosed with PTB type 4. He is taking his medications for 4 weeks now. I am just concerned because he is having a hard time taking his medications and becoming non compliant. Is there a healthcare provider online that can help him? We have tried everything and I am running out of options, please help. Ty

2. HollieEustis

HollieEustis New IL'ite

I know there are telehealth consultations available but depends on the patient's condition. I'm just not sure if PTB can be managed by telehealth consultation. Good luck in finding one and hope your father in law will get well soon.

Sairindhri likes this.
  3. IL86

IL86 Silver IL'ite

I had suffered from pulmonary TB myself and got cured successfully 7 years back.

I can understand your FIL situation.The medication is very strong. It becomes very hard.I remember first month of my medication I couldn't eat anything and vomited whatever I ate due to acidity caused by drugs. I even got drug induced hepatitis during that time. I was given 4 tablets initially.So it was very tiring.

So what my doctor did was to refer me to gastroenterologist after I got jaundice. There my medication was changed from 4 tablets to different set of 2 tablets but the course of medication was increased from 6 months to 9 months.

So I would suggest you to go and have a second opinion with your doctor if he can change tablets to less intense one.

4. faithgrime

faithgrime Senior IL'ite

I told my father in law about your story and he felt some sort of relief. Also, I think what is killing him everyday is the body weakness as he could not perform his daily household chores.

Anyway, I received a piece of advice to check this healthcare software. I think this would be more convenient as my father will no longer travel for follow-up check up.

I appreciate your ideas. :)

IL86 likes this.