1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

driving tips + road test in chantilly

Discussion in 'Indians in Fairfax' started by neerrali, Mar 20, 2012.

1. neerrali

neerrali Senior IL'ite

Hello Everyone. I have been in USA for 2 years now but still am unable to drive. I somehow lack the confidence to drive on busy roads with traffic. Can someone please give me tips to overcome the fear and learn to drive.

Also if any one has given the road test in chantilly can someone please share their experience.

Thanks!

2. sanaaa

sanaaa New IL'ite

Look dear,first of all leave fear.u have to be confident when u drive a car.
    Car is a machine which we operate like juicer and blender.this machine will not operate us.
    where we'll turn it will go where we'll move it will run.
    WE have to control this machine in every situation and control is in our hand with
    the help of God.so try to throw all your fears.
    God Bless you.

3. jignasha27

jignasha27 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Neerali,
    I just came across this thread while searching for some driving tips. did u get ur license. i live near herndon. even am preparing for my driving test. like u even i have kind of driving phobia. the moment i get behind wheels and enter road my body sweats all over. even at speed 40 i feel like am flying in air and now i dont have any control. my mind gets blank and some kind of thoughts enter my mind. and lane changing is the hardest thing i find. i dont know how to overcome this. and the worst thing is DH sitting beside me yelling and shouting and 18 months old crying at back seat. which raises my stress level.
    how did u get over this. plz other ladies also give some suggestions. i want to learn by hook or crook no matter what sply for my kid.
    Thanks in Advance.

4. mvitbras

mvitbras New IL'ite

I came across your post about driving test. Did you take your test already? I am driving with a learner's permit but I have to take the road test soon, I am afraid about the parking test, does anybody has any idea how is the parking test in Virginia?

God bless you

5. jignasha27

jignasha27 Bronze IL'ite

Hi mvitbras,

Hi I live near by ur place. I have to still give my driving test. Right now learning. Are u perfect or still learning. I don't know why but I lack confidence. About parking in Virginia. It's very easy. No parallel parking needed. Just normal one is required. Are u planning to go to chantilly DMV. Plz share ur experience how did u learn and got confident. Am scared while lane changing. All the best.

6. mvitbras

mvitbras New IL'ite

Hi Jignasha27
    Dear, my problem was similar to yours. I had no confidence behind wheels and every time I was driving and made any mistake my husband yelled at me that made me so nervous that I had no power to drive again. After some time, I started to put my spirit and faith in the situation because was getting very serious, I was scared. So, last week I started again, and every time I go drive, I pray I am a Christian and it does really work for me. I am not doing mistakes anymore and I got more confidence. What I need now is to relax a little bit more when I am driving, but I am sure it will be ok soon. I do not drive every day, I should drive more. Another thing that helped me was start to think ahead, like: I am driving on this lane now, but where I am going? which lane I have to be to get there, or to make a turn, or whatever... make a decision early, think about what you have to do and put your mind, your spirit on it and do not be afraid talk with God about your fears that He will help you. I am planning to go to Chantilly DMV. I thought we need parallel par here, but good that we don't. Take care

7. afsha101

afsha101 New IL'ite

hello,
    I am also on learners permit and already had road test in sterling but they failed .i was so sad and disappointed for couple of days.now thinking of taking second times.Should i go to chantilly DMV or sterling is ok.Please help?

8. mvitbras

mvitbras New IL'ite

Hi afsha101,
    Be confident dear, when we fail, we learn and we do better in the next time. There is always another chance. I think they all have the same rules, I am not sure. But why not to try in chantilly. I did not have mine yet. How is the test like? Did you have to park too? . God bless you

9. afsha101

afsha101 New IL'ite

hello.
    thanks dear.ya why not to try in chantilly.May be this weekend i will try my luck there.In sterling they asked me to park but not parallel park.Lady there failed me for not stopping on line and driving at speed 30 on 35 speed road(exuse me we r nervous..but they hardly understand) anyways..good luck with ur test and let me know how it went.

10. afsha101

afsha101 New IL'ite

hello,
    thanks dear.i will try my luck in chantilly dmv.My problem is that my learners permit is going to expire this month and to renew i have to go through whole process again.
    In sterling dmv they did ask me to park but not parellel park.best of luck and let me know how ur road test went.:thumbsup