1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Driving license

Discussion in 'Indians in Edison' started by Moumit, Jan 23, 2010.

1. rathi_atr

rathi_atr New IL'ite

HI Amitha
    I did 2 classes with technical driving school.Today i cleared my road test.
    Once again thanks for ur information.
    rathi

2. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Rathi;
    Congrats!!! What all did they ask?

Amitha; you are giving a big clientile' for Technical;)
    -Nitha

3. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Rathi,

Congratulations!!! a very big relief right...can you share your experience? Did you take your care or from driving school for road test/

Hi Amitha,

I second Nitha:)) Even i called Technical Driving school today to check their rates and other details...

Planning to take 2 classes from them. Thanks for sharing, otherwise we would have never known about the school.

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  4. Amitha

Amitha Senior IL'ite

Congratulations Rathi. Glad the information I gave you helped you.

Girls, I don't know what to say. I found my teacher to be a very nice guy, a good human being - he didn't shout at me, NOT ONCE. That is what I was expecting from my instructor. Because I had heard some of my friends getting shoutings from other instructors. I thought "If I have to learn from somebody after paying money and getting shoutings, I might as well learn from my own husband. Why pay money to somebody to get shoutings, when DH is all ready to do it free of cost :biglaugh".

I am thinking I will take an extra class to go on freeways and learn some basic techniques. I'm already travelling wherever I have to, but I'm not able to tolerate DH's comments everytime I drive. I really wonder if something is wrong with me & my driving. What the hell?

5. dale

dale New IL'ite

Hi,

Congrats and well done.

Enjoy driving

6. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Amitha,

Can i get few informations about Technical Driving school?

Today i took my first class with them just back from class. I got one old man,he is from neightbour country(pak) not from India. He was ok,not too good or bad.

He enquired about mydetails from which state all,languages i know. I said Chennai, he said oh madarasi...okok.

He taught Parallel and K turn, i did 80% well. But still turnings i need to practice well. While i made little mistakes he raised and was like fedup,but not harsh ofcourse like the previous driving school instructor(old man).

At the end, i asked my test is on June4th, am i ok with the driving and other stuff. He said i might clear not sure, which definetely got little tears in my eye, but anyway i manage it at that situation.

I took 1 hour class , as i dunno how kid would be plus as i already have little practice. He said take 2 hour classes so that you can practice well.

Now i need few informations like does you get same guy for all classes or different one? Do they give you warmup lesson before roadtest&charge is 90$ right thats what you said me before?

Really nervous dear....its like tail from last october...somehow should finish by this summer.

He asked why did you book at Rahway, i just kept quite. As Kilmer little strict did you book Rahway ? he asked me. I gave a smile.

I dunno Amitha, after reading you post and others who cleared i got very stronge hope, took class. Now littlebit confident level is on lowere side.

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  7. Amitha

Amitha Senior IL'ite

Usha,

Tahir gave me classes and I am very happy with the way he taught me driving. One of my friend took classes from another guy (Abbas) in Technical driving and she was not happy, so she switched to Tahir and she was very happy. She took 2 hours class from him, next day went for the test and passed. She also said the same that he never raised his voice.

Probably your experience with him are different. As regards him calling you a "Madraasi", is it wrong? I have no clue, enlighten me here.

8. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Amitha,

Thanks alot. Hey absolutely no problem with him calling me thatway, just was mentioning about the conversation we had thats it:)).

Even i got Abbas only yesterday as instructor, not happy thinking about yesterday's class even today. Can i switch to Tahir by calling them for my next class?

Thanks in advance for your prompt reply.

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  9. Amitha

Amitha Senior IL'ite

Oh yes you can surely switch to Tahir. Tahir is the owner, he is a gentleman. You call up and talk to him directly. Tell him that you are not happy with Abbas and that your friends suggested that you take classes from Tahir, I am sure he will accommodate.

On the test day, if you want them to accompany you, they'll come, pick you up at home, give one hour class, take you for the test. If you pass the test, then you can go get you driver's license. If you don't (hopefully not), they will drop you back home.

Don't take the test too seriously and stop worrying too much. I am sure it will be easy. Chill :).

The friend that I was talking about, during the test while doing parallel parking hit the curb itseems. And she still got the driver's license. So don't worry too much.

10. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Amitha,

Your post and information is really giving me lot of boosting. Thanks alot for your nice words.