1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Driving license

Discussion in 'Indians in Edison' started by Moumit, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Amitha

Amitha Senior IL'ite

Usha,

If you have already taken appointment for road test, I don't think they'll ask you why you chose this center. If they ask, you say, edison people are giving me appointment very late and I want to take it up early. I don't thnk it should be a problem.

And the parallel parking, they ask you to do in between cones. If you are in any case going through the driving school, then they will definitely teach you what is going to be asked in the test. So don't worry.

By the way not all people are friendly in Rahway center. The first time I gave test, there was a guy called Joe, he is strict. So be thoroughly prepared. When is your test?

2. rathi_atr

rathi_atr New IL'ite

hi
    I have my road test in rahway on may 13.Is anybody have the class with
    All Driving School the person name Rajesh .I want his contact information before road test to take one class.

regards
    rathi

3. Amitha

Amitha Senior IL'ite

Rathi,

All the best for your road test. No clue about the driving school that you are mentioning about. I went through a different driving school. Maybe other ladies should be able to help you.

4. Amitha

Amitha Senior IL'ite

Nitha,

I don't have any clue how they do road test in Edison. So sorry, I can't help you there.

You say you are having an Indian driver's license. If your name on Indian license is same as what is on your passport and what you will be giving here, then you are in luck. They may not ask you for a road test. Give the written test, get your DL and come back. So why don't you first write the test and see what they will have to say about your Indian DL.

Okay here is what happened to me at Edison, after I passed the written test. They saw my Indian DL and said it doesn't match all the criterions that they are looking for. I wrote the test on a Saturday and the guy said can you give the road test on Monday. I was totally not prepared for it. Anyways he gave me time till the next Wednesday and said if you are not able to make it up before that, then you take an appointment on the internet. And itseems (I am not entirely sure on this), that when you first try to take an appointment on the internet, it will calculate when you passed the written test, your age and then you give you the appointment based on these criterions. So if you are above 21 years of age, it will give you an appointment after 3 months.

That is why the driving school guy took me in person to Rahway and took an appointment, which they gave for Thursday (yes just one day difference). Ofcourse I failed in my first attempt and when I subsequently took the appointment, the system allowed me to take an appointment immediately after 2 weeks.

5. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Amitha
    I plan to take Wtn. test only after moving to edison; around late may.
    So if I add three months to it then I can appear for road test only around/after september; which is a little late. I wanted to avoid that 3 months gap thats all.
    -Nitha

6. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Amitha,

I took the appointment on June 4th, as my license get expired on June7th.

If i pass fine, orlese have to renewed it for other two months, give the next try. Hope with god's grace will finish it at one shot.

In this 4weeks i need to practice well on weekends with hubby two and driving school two, planning to call &check with the driving school you mentioned. How much they charged you? Bombay driving school charged 35$/hr for me before.

Thanks alot for your great information, it is helping me alot to prepare myself well in advance...

7. Amitha

Amitha Senior IL'ite

Hey Nitha,

As soon as you pass the written test, they will see your Indian license. If they say they cannot accept it, they will ask you to give the road test during the next week itself - that is what happened to me. So don't think that you will have to wait till September. Be prepared. If you cannot take the test on the dates that they give, then you will have to make an online appointment for test.

I am sorry if I am confusing you a lot. Better you visit Rahway center once or give the written test, you will immediately know what they have to say. Hopefully it is not a 3months wait.

Usha,

The driving school that I mentioned, he charges $70 for 2 hours class. I took 4 classes with him. And you can go with him in the same car in which you practiced for the test and he will accompany you - charges are $90. I went with him for the test.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  8. rathi_atr

rathi_atr New IL'ite

hi Amitha
    can u give me the contact information of the technical driving school.
    How is it?
    regards
    bharathi

9. Amitha

Amitha Senior IL'ite

Bharathi,

Check out the following link: -

Technical Driving School, Woodbridge, NJ : Reviews and maps - Yahoo! Local

See the reviews - I have to say the same good reviews about this driving school. They have a lot of patience, teach you exactly what is asked in the road test, give you a lot of confidence, never scold or misbehave. They charge $70 for 2 hours class.

10. rathi_atr

rathi_atr New IL'ite

hi
    thanks Amitha for ur information.I will check with them.
    rathi