Driving Lesson

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by RadiantCat, Jun 13, 2010.

1. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Movie on a weeknight-aa?

Wow spidey... now you should make the effort to do anything to not ruin this and if it takes keeping mum while wifey drives, that's what you should do :) Singing a song is ok but it should not be some song like "sodhanai mel sodhanai, podhumada saami" :thumbsup That will spoil the entire exercise of singing to keep your cool :p

Incidentally, there's this really funny thing that happened to us when were driving to Dallas. I was speeding about 20 over limit, got stopped and the cop mama comes, lets me off with a warning citing my very good driving record with only 1 ticket in 2 years. After a month, we are driving to San Antonio and this time husband is speeding, gets stopped and is given a ticket in spite of no ticket in almost 7 yrs of driving :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl Like many guys back in Tamil Nadu complain that cops never catch girls, my husband is convinced that's how it works in the US too. That girls are not given tickets :thumbsup

2. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

I'll sing a Telugu song so DW wont know if I sing correctly or not.

Baaga Unnaru, Baaga Unnaru...dingtakka dingtakka whatever :cheers

3. james1

james1 New IL'ite

I had two teachers... one was £19 but he'd keep all his pupils for as long as possible! And one was £22. I know it is a lot of money, but its worth it!

4. DDC

DDC Silver IL'ite

My DH seems to be the odd man out here. Very patient in every way, to compensate for me. LOL.

I knew how to drive back home, but hadnt gotten too much practice.

The two things DH made me do before starting here was
    1)memorize the map of our city major freeways etc(pre GPS days)
    2)always remember where North was so I could figure out which direction I was driving, do I take the freeway going E or W etc.

Major lifesavers those 2 ideas have been. I dont panic if I get lost, I know I can figure it out.

Then it was couple of weekends parking lot driving before getting the license. He has always been very supportive, just says drive little slower. He stays on 70 if its the limit whereas I will hold at 78 or so. But he was very strict- seat belts always, no rolling stops at stop signs, no crossing on yellow etc etc. Very rule-book kinda guy!!

Sometimes he'll watch the rear view mirror & I just give him the look:crazy
    If we are driving OOT I try to drive half the distance so he can relax a bit. He will get in the back seat with the kids & they will have a gala time.

I remember one incident though, when I was a newbie- I was dropping him at the airport. You know how you go up or down depending on arrival/departure? He said "Go up" then "no, Go down" by which time I was flustered & confused the car behind me & almost had a minor accident. He made me stop in the middle of the road , switched places, took me home & went back in a cab.:bonk

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  5. Vidya21

Vidya21 Senior IL'ite

OMG!! :rotfl
    This thread is funny!
    Between DH and I, its me who does most of the driving. When we'd just met, I offered to teach him to drive in the initial days, but I was kinda the rule-book person, and he soon gave up on the idea. :crazy He then learnt from an instructor when I kept bragging and teasing him about how I cleared my driving test without a single penalty driving in the middle of one of the worst winter-storms in the state. LOL.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  6. april1981

april1981 Gold IL'ite

This thread is really hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!
    As a policy my DH never sits beside me whenever I am driving , coz once we had a big fight .
    He gets so nervous when I drive that even If I am not going to knock a person down , due to his nervousness will definitely knock someone.
    So for a peaceful relationship we have decided that he will not sit beside me .
    MEN!!!!:bonk