Driving Lesson

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by RadiantCat, Jun 13, 2010.

1. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl So true!

Spidey at least you mutter only when your wife exceeds the speed limit. In my case, it's almost like some switch goes on as soon as I start the car when he has to constantly keep muttering or act like he is on a roller coaster! And it is the same case whether we are driving in our neighborhood at a 25mph speed limit or on the freeway on a 75mph limit Witsend

2. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Appletree err..Peartree,
    But you are cho chweet that you dont seem to get angry like my DW does and I have to go under the chair after the argument of how much over speed limit :hide:

How do you 'keep your sanity'? You need to teach that to my DW since apparently I dont trouble her as much as your DH on driving :)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  3. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

LOL Spidey...just because I don't write about it doesn't mean that I don't get angry about it :thumbsup So my husband would probably not agree with that assessment of me! But yeah, fortunately it doesn't piss me off enough to get me to fight or anything!

Besides, he lets me have my moments of muttering and banging the kitchen cabinet doors shut too, when we I am in the tidying up frenzy and he is happily romancing away with his laptop! So I guess we have just decided to make peace with each other's eccentricities :thumbsup You should try that.

4. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Hey Spidey..... It just struck me actually. I do have a sure shot way of ensuring your wife doesn't get mad and you won't have to go hide under the chair.... want to hear it?

5. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

yes! :party

6. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Ok here we go. It's really simple. The idea is derived from the age old adage "Silence is golden" :thumbsup

Remember the Jataka tale of the tortoise and storks? Where the storks try to transport the tortoise while the tortoise holds the stick with its mouth. Everything is fine until the tortoise opens its mouth to speak and everything goes downhill from there. So that's the idea.

Just keep quiet when she drives. If you want, fret and fume inside, in silence. I assure it would work wonderfully :thumbsup

7. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

ithukku thaan build-up a? :)
    (All build up for this? )

So, I do the work of keeping quiet and she wont fume, nalla kathai! (nice spin) seri, try pannalam (Alright we'll give it a shot)

If I am successful in keeping mum (thats the hard part right), then yes sure shot - but the former is the tough one :)

8. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

Spidey, tonight u can let her drive to the movie theatre (i.e. if you are still planning to go) and keep peartree's suggestion in mind...don't open your mouth..... seria??:rotfl

9. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Ok, whenever we get to go to movie, she'll drive and I'll sing a song. Deal.

Yes, I have handed over my life to IL to have less trouble in my life. Whatever IL says I have to try and follow at least 50% (rest 50% still with me :))

10. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

are you sure that's a good idea??:rotfl