Driving Lesson

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by RadiantCat, Jun 13, 2010.

1. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

:rotflClever me says "neengalae ottungalen"(you drive, please) BEFORE STARTING the car. :biglaugh

@Gauri:
    drive around parking lot - mine did that to me even after I got the license.:crazy

@peartree
    :rotfl

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  2. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

i dont just say stop. i say 'stop, stop, stop'! @ red. And she'll glare and fume. These days since she makes a big deal out of it (like Gauri did), I've reduced it to a meek 'slow pls'

Women! :rant

3. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Actually, due to this thread I averted one mini argument session today :biglaugh

She forgot turn signal at lights in a couple of turns, and I never said anything today - coz of this thread. Usually, once we get down, i'd have listed it out.

(i say once we get down, coz we were in diff cars following the other)

4. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

I think it is a man's attitude. My bro and dad does the same when I drive. Especially my dad. He keeps on saying that I drive to the right more than the left, I need to wait and watch for signal and so many.

Maybe if it is the husband it runs in the system that they must comment about the wife's driving.

5. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

Sounds like lot of you learnt driving with a backseat driver and some still have a backseat driver :rotfl Yeah luckily both my dad and mum were very patient and used to drive with me whenever I wanted and were very patient in teaching me everything I needed.

I take it some of you cannot drive a standard transmission car LOL ( especially the ones who first got a licence in the US). You have to take the practical test here in a standard trans. car if you want a licence with no restrictions.

6. RadiantCat

RadiantCat Gold IL'ite

Driving Auto-Trans cars are child's play in comparison to the standard trans cars. It is even more difficult to persistently receive feedback to shift gears.

7. Malavika81

Malavika81 Bronze IL'ite

Yeah I know how easy it is to drive an auto trans car and especially in the US where the roads and motorways are so wide. I can drive in the US with relative ease despite the left hand drive cars. And all their hire cars are automatic as well so it is really easy to drive in the US.

8. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

OMG, now where did I hear that...:rotflits the same years back with my DH.......and I would end up saying "don't make me nervous" okay and burst into crying...I would always cry...LOL. Now its fine, he doesn't say anything except sometimes he would be getting the urge to say something I suppose when I am driving so fast, he would be like on the edge of his seat... :biglaugh or mutter under his breath.. I really don't drive that fast, he just feels like that all the time... :rant

But I rarely get to drive with him beside me...its always him who prefers driving, he is such a overly cautious driver............:rotfl

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  9. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Yeah, I get very nervous and say/mutter when DW exceeds speed limit by beyond 5. Upto 5, I will keep quiet, beyond 5 she knows I'll comment :)

But despite knowing that both of us get into argument *hammer* *chair*
    Need to talk less - note to myself.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  10. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

But see its not the same when you guys are driving...we don't mutter under our breath or be on the edge of our seat...I don't know why you guys have that insecurities.......LOL.:rotfl